My moveset for Luigi in brawl.

Is this moveset plausible?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. A person with down's syndrome could make a better moveset.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

marioluigipeach3

Koopa Troopa
Ok so I have been wanting to make a moveset for Luigi that would really make him stand out in the smash crowd for once. Let's all face it, he is the most likely veteran(alongside Caption Falcon) to return. But after Luigi being in both the original smash bros and melee, I think it is time for Luigi to get a little makeover. So I sat down and thought about all the games Luigi has appeared in, and I came to a conclusion on how he will be changed. [Note]: This may not even be close to what his moveset will be in brawl, but it is definetly plausible. Also, all the moves that Luigi had in melee that I decide not to change will be marked with a *. So here is my "fan-based" moveset:
========================================================================================

==========
LUIGI
==========
NORMAL----
A- Jab(1-3%) *
AA- Jab(1-2%) *
AAA- Jab(2-5%) *
=================
TILTS----
Forward Tilt: Thunder Hand(5-7%) This is a quick, electrical attack with decent knockback. It will make the "zap" noise heard in previous Smash games. (i.e: the sound that pikachu makes with most of his attacks.)

Up Tilt: Hammer(4-6%) This is one of my "least-likely-to-happen" ideas. Luigi will quickly pull out a hammer in the style of Mario and Luigi: SuperStar Saga. This does not have very good knockback unless the enemy has a high percentage of damage.

Down Tilt: Crouch Kick(4-9%) *
==============================
SMASHES----
Forward Smash: Thunder Punch(7-20%) This attack would look similiar to Dr.Mario's forward smash in melee, but slightly differ. This move has good knockback and probably Luigi's strongest smash attack.

Up Smash: Thunder Hammer(8-21%) This attack is interesting, and would bring new strategy to using Luigi. If you hold the up smash until it is fully charged, it will release an electric charge with the hammer smash dealing the maximum damage. But if you don't hold it all the way, then it will just be a hammer attack.

Down Smash: Sweep Kick(9-23%) *

=========================================================
*I have decided not to change any of Luigi's throw moves*
=========================================================

AERIAL ATTACKS----
Neutral Aerial: Leg Split(5-12%) In the air, Luigi will pull off a quick leg split, extending his legs horizontaly.

Forward Aerial: Hammer Swing(8-16%) This is a powerful aerial attack because it takes a little time for him to pull off. He would swing his hammer horizontly compared to what kirby does in the air with his hammer.

Back Aerial: Hammer Spin(4-9%) This is a very quick move compared to hammer swing, but has less knockback and damage. Luigi spins around quick spinning his hammer while doing so.

Up Aerial: Flip Kick(7-13%) *

Down Aerial: Spin Kick(8-16%) *
===============================
SPECIALS----
Neutral Special: Fireball(6%) *

Forward Special: Green Missile(9-26%) Only thing I would change is making the missfire have an electrical look to it instead of a fiery explosion.

Up Special: Thunder Jump Punch(1-25%) Same effect as before, only making the "perfect hit" make the sound of thunder with electicity bolts flashing.

Down Special: Luigi Cyclone(combo) *
====================================
TAUNTS----
Taunt: #1- Casual kick * #2- Gloat. Luigi look at the screen and yells "I'm-a Luigi, numbah one!"
====================================================================================

======FINAL SMASH======

FINAL SMASH: Poltergust 3000(Up to 45%) This is by far my favorite move. When Luigi grabs a smash ball, the screen goes dark, and Luigi's Mansion music starts playing. When you launch his vacuum, a wind tornado forms like in Luigi's Mansion. Now, if you have played Luigi's Mansion, then you know that the ghost you suck up had HP. The more you sucked at the ghosts, the more their HP went down. So in this move, if anyone gets caught in the tornade that the vacuum forms, then their damage meter will start rising until they either escape the tornado or the Final Smash comes to an end. Oh! And the best part is that if you hold on to someone until the very end of the smash, then you suck them up, and spit them out. Thus making an excellent knockback move and possible KO.
=====================================================================================

Anywho, that is my moveset for Luigi. Please tell me if you like it because it took me awhile to make. Oh and btw, if you haven't figured it out already, Luigi's my main.
But I hope that at least a couple of these ideas get implemented into Brawl. If not, oh well, as long as I get to play with Luigi. By for now.

~MLP3

um, the whole point of making a NEW moveset was to De-Clone him. Plz read the whole article.

Xluidi said:
No clone's
He still is a little ( i mean a tiny bit) of a clone still. Change the specials and its perfect may i sujest you do something more thunder related like > b is thunder hand or down b would be portagust and you can shoot ghosts who do opposite of fludd(damage no knockback).

Luigi's final smash should be when he becomes Mr.L and the Brobot randomly appears out of nowhere and he gets in and starts shooting at his opponets.

while that would be interesting shabam15, the more likely of the two is my idea for this one reason. Luigi's first starring role was in Luigi's Mansion, and the game's idea has appeared in many spinoffs.(Mario Kart DS, Mario Tennis, etc.) His role in Super Paper Mario is pretty big, but not as big as Luigi's Mansion.

marioluigipeach3 said:
while that would be interesting shabam15, the more likely of the two is my idea for this one reason. Luigi's first starring role was in Luigi's Mansion, and the game's idea has appeared in many spinoffs.(Mario Kart DS, Mario Tennis, etc.) His role in Super Paper Mario is pretty big, but not as big as Luigi's Mansion.

I know but I don't really see Luigi's final smash to be the Poltergust 3000. I kinda see it more as one of Luigi's Down moves. Similar to what Mario's down move is the FLUDD.

shabam15 said:
marioluigipeach3 said:

I know but I don't really see Luigi's final smash to be the Poltergust 3000. I kinda see it more as one of Luigi's Down moves. Similar to what Mario's down move is the FLUDD.

No way. He'd be a semi-clone again.

I don't think he will be as much as a clone as he was in melee, but that is my opinion.[/quote]

So does this seem like a plausible moveset? If so, I would like to see more results on the poll. Thank you your input everyone.

Unless you don't know already luigi is in brawl. His moveset I think has been confirmed but his final smash has been seen but not confirmed.

Storm Yoshi said:
Unless you don't know already luigi is in brawl. His moveset I think has been confirmed but his final smash has been seen but not confirmed.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
yes I know, but I made this before anyone knew that. Too bad the only change he got was his FS...

marioluigipeach3 said:
Storm Yoshi said:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
yes I know, but I made this before anyone knew that. Too bad the only change he got was his FS...

Yay!
And you can't realy say that his FS is a change, 'cause there were no FSes in SSBM.

Back