Astrology/Horoscopes

Nabber

Artisanal Cheese Taster
What do you think of astrology?

It's a bunch of crap. One's behavior is not influenced by his or her birth month or the alignment of spacial bodies, and it is not reflective of a given horoscope. The horoscopes themselves aren't anything special, since multiple horoscopes can apply to any person, regardless of sign.

Mario4Ever said:
It's a bunch of crap. One's behavior is not influenced by his or her birth month or the alignment of spacial bodies, and it is not reflective of a given horoscope. The horoscopes themselves aren't anything special, since multiple horoscopes can apply to any person, regardless of sign.
Per; this system has been wrong too often to be considered an accurate system of predicting the future.

What a joke.

You know, actually, my school newspaper makes up random stupid predictions for each sign every month. It's pretty funny, actually, and a nice change from the vague positive predictions of the usual signs.

Magus said:
Mario4Ever said:
Per; this system has been wrong too often to be considered an accurate system of predicting the future.
I approve of this statement. It's also a pseudo-scientific thing, and those things never, never, ever have things that are theorised in such ways that one case is true for everyone that fall in some sort of category that other people do, and that they are affected in the same way as the others who has fallen under said category are.

This is also the main reason why I dislike psychology too, but this thread isn't about that — astrology is.

It's interesting to read, but anyone who takes it seriously ought to be committed.

What everyone else said, they're definitely not true.

except xzealio's

Kazooie said:
This is also the main reason why I dislike psychology too, but this thread isn't about that — astrology is.

The main difference is that psychology is an actual science.

If I said that it wasn't, then I apologise. It wasn't my intent to do that. My intent, however, was to say that psychology hasn't theories that work for a broad variety of cases; they don't strictly apply to all people who get a diagnosis. Take Aspergers Syndrome as an example. With that one, some people have heavier variants of it, whereas some people might still work 'normally'(I fucking hate the word 'normal', but that's another discussion). It's almost like you get sorted under a fucking label that, for some reason, applies to people who you might not want to be associated with.

Whatever, continue bashing on astrology, or something like this(I do this because I'm terrified that it'll derail the topic a bit too much).

Back