What's the best order to watch the Star Wars movies?

...assuming you're going to watch them all through

• Total voters

Yoshiwaker

Star Spirit
Since there are parts in both trilogies that will spoil the other, which one do you think should be watched first?

Depends, really. If you'd rather have the disappointing part first then finish strong, watch the New Trilogy first. If you prefer to watch the good part first then get the disappointing stuff, watch the Original Trilogy first.

If you want them in context, watch them in order (I-VI). Otherwise, listen to Bop.

Don't watch the prequels at all.

First time through it should be the Original first as it explains the plot and planets and stuff like that. Once you know the series you should start with the prequels for chronological order.

Discord said:
First time through it should be the Original first as it explains the plot and planets and stuff like that. Once you know the series you should start with the prequels for chronological order.
This.

Also I don't see why so many people think that the Prequel Trilogy was so bad.

Uniju said:
Don't watch the prequels at all.
Best idea.

Although I hate to agree with GP here, having major plot shocks like I AM YOUR FATHER would definitely make watching the OT first more appealing. If you watch the prequels first, then Palpatine's gambit is more shocking.

So it's really a matter of opinion.
Mariomario64 said:
Because the originals were more story focused, developed multiple characters, and didn't bombard you with fifty new characters like Episode I did.

Also because the OT has more focus on story and less focus on action.

Dr. Javelin said:
Mariomario64 said:
Because the originals were more story focused, developed multiple characters, and didn't bombard you with fifty new characters like Episode I did.

Also because the OT has more focus on story and less focus on action.
Oh yeah you're right.

Back