Getting my braces on tomorrow...

Tips? Do what the orthodontist tells you to do.

If you play any sort of wind instrument, be prepared to adjust your embouchure in varying degrees of complexity and habitual changes whenever playing said instrument, especially high brass instruments.

Mario4Ever said:
Tips? Do what the orthodontist tells you to do.
I have a terrible gag reflex, so I am not always comfortable with things being put in my mouth.

Magus said:
If you play any sort of wind instrument, be prepared to adjust your embouchure in varying degrees of complexity and habitual changes whenever playing said instrument, especially high brass instruments.
I play the Alto Sax. So, yeah...

Then you will probably have to adjust some, but probably not as much as you would for a high brass instrument.

New Super Mario said:
Magus said:
Then you will probably have to adjust some, but probably not as much as you would for a high brass instrument.
Alright. I'll probably get used to it after a while.
Yeah, then you'll have to re-adjust once you get them taken off. Not much to do about it but practice and still try to produce quality intonation and all that junk even through the impediments on your teeth.

it's fucking painful the first week, then you forget they're there for a year or so, then they tell you that you'll be getting them off any day now, and then you're excited, but then you don't get them off, so you're sad, but then you get them off when you least expect it.

You won't have to worry about your gag reflex for getting braces on; it's actually an EXTREMELY boring process. Worry when they come off and they take an impression of your mouth. Although that only last for a few minutes.

Ummm, yeah, the first week is gonna be pretty painful, but don't worry, it fades and soon you'll forget what it felt like to not have braces. Eat softer stuff like potatoes and pasta and stuff for the first few days.

Afterward still be mindful of what you eat, and if you hear a crunch and taste dried glue you should probably make an appointment. Not really a huge deal, but the less problems, the sooner they come off.

Just keep taking Tylenol and have some mashed taters ;) Once you get used to it, it's really not as bad as everyone makes it out to be, as long as you follow the rules.

Herr Shyguy said:
Gum totally doesn't fuck it up as badly as they insist.

As long as it's sugar free. If it's those huge pieces of bubble gum like Hubba Bubba, then it can really screw stuff up. :l

Nosferatu Man said:
it's fucking painful the first week, then you forget they're there for a year or so, then they tell you that you'll be getting them off any day now, and then you're excited, but then you don't get them off, so you're sad, but then you get them off when you least expect it.

you sir.

you successfully explained them very good and you're very right at the getting them off part.

Rainbow Dash said:
Nosferatu Man said:

you sir.

you successfully explained them very good and you're very right at the getting them off part.

thank you :)

Back