Issue LIX

What would you rate it?

  • 1

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7

    Votes: 5 55.6%
  • 8

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 9

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 10

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    9

Pokemon DP

God I'm good at being an owl
Retired Wiki Staff
I stayed up late to do this, so you people better appreciate it. And I just noticed while writing this that the images for Fake News aren't up yet; holy shit, this is annoying. But uhh anyway, discuss...

If anyone is interested in writing for the 'Shroom, I strongly urge you to write for Fun Stuff or especially Fake News; those sub-teams need more dedicated writers, badly.

And to all persons concerned (you know who you are), please send in your sections before the deadline is up. It's really not that hard. I implore you. At least give us a heads up when you can't send it in on time; and then try to get it in as soon as you can if possible. And please don't leave it until the very last minute; it's a major pain for the core staff to organize, and they'd just like a bit of time prior to the issue's release to prepare everything. Thank you.
 

Pokemon DP

God I'm good at being an owl
Retired Wiki Staff
Crocodile Dippy said:
And I just noticed while writing this that the images for Fake News aren't up yet; holy shit, this is annoying.
MCD finally woke up and uploaded them. Bewdy; we're all set now aside from the Single Page which isn't really all that important anyway.
 

MrConcreteDonkey

Noisemaster
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
Crocodile Dippy said:
Crocodile Dippy said:
And I just noticed while writing this that the images for Fake News aren't up yet; holy shit, this is annoying.
MCD finally woke up and uploaded them. Bewdy; we're all set now aside from the Single Page which isn't really all that important anyway.
MCD had to spend 30 minutes sorting out some papers. X_X

Sorry about that.
 

MrConcreteDonkey

Noisemaster
Chat Operator
Core 'Shroom Staff
Retired Forum Mod
Retired Wiki Staff
I personally thought the Fake News was pretty good this issue, even with about four or so writers.

I'm not sure if there will be a Fake Interview, BMB seems to conveniently be forgetting about it.

And, uh, both Non-Marioverse Reviews were fantastic. They're, in my opinion, enough to eradicate any "underwhelming" opinions.
 

Pokemon DP

God I'm good at being an owl
Retired Wiki Staff
Damon Gant said:
And, uh, both Non-Marioverse Reviews were fantastic. They're, in my opinion, enough to eradicate any "underwhelming" opinions.
We just need a Floridian to write an alligator themed Non-Mario review section and the crocodilia trifecta will be complete.

(I'm aware that the gharial exists, so don't bother pointing that out)
 

Bop1996

Power Star
Retired Wiki Staff
The story may be off its rocker, but it presents itself in a steadily paced and consistently epic progression that managed to capture my interest from start to finish, something that can't be said about Skyward Sword's tremendously inane "but thou must proveth thouself for the hundredth buggeringeth time" bullshit.
I think I'm detecting a pattern to this whole Non-Marioverse Review thing. (I also couldn't agree more, but that's me talking).

The Fun Stuff keeps getting its writers fired, so that explains why it keeps getting low on writers.

Also, congratulations to Toad85 for getting section of the month. Also, I thought my section this month was way, way better than last month's due to several formatting changes. I just wish that that proposal hadn't had to be proposed the Friday before it released X_X
 

Pokemon DP

God I'm good at being an owl
Retired Wiki Staff
I'm not sure what it is you're trying to say, but I'm guessing you're implying SS bashing will be a running joke, which it won't.
 

Bop1996

Power Star
Retired Wiki Staff
No, more like the way you constantly rip apart industry standards in favor of the smaller development, higher quality, more original games that a lot of people here haven't heard of.
 

Ultraluigi

doing whatever since 2011
This was a great issue. I'm okay with Dippy constantly drooling over Okami, but I'm getting bored of it. Congrats, Toad85! You really deserve the section of the month. NSM's review of New Super Mario Bros. Wii was probably my favourite section in this issue, as it praised the game while criticizing the flaws.
 

Bop1996

Power Star
Retired Wiki Staff
I don't think that qualified as "constantly drooling over Okami", given that the review dedicated a significant portion of space to pointing out all the flaws with it.
 

Pokemon DP

God I'm good at being an owl
Retired Wiki Staff
Cap'n Falcon said:
I'm okay with Dippy constantly drooling over Okami, but I'm getting bored of it.
How was I drooling over it? I mentioned it in the Skyward Sword review because it was completely relevant; it's commonly cited as an alternative to Zelda for people who have grown tired of Zelda's cliches, so of course I'm going to bring it up. And I reviewed it this month due to a lack of January releases and because I figured I'd may as well expand on my Okami recommendation.
 

Mario4Ever

A price for everything.
Retired Wiki Staff
It was an okay issue (7/10). As usual, Dippy, your review was excellent (I'm hating myself even more for not playing Okami when it was new, not seeing a copy in years, and not having any means of paying for one). Other sections I enjoyed were the Community Report, A History of Video Games, certain aspects of Fake News, and Mario Kart: Wheel Tips Corner. Other sections, while not bad, didn't appeal to me very much, though a few were just terrible, in my opinion.
 
Cap'n Falcon said:
This was a great issue. I'm okay with Dippy constantly drooling over Okami, but I'm getting bored of it. Congrats, Toad85! You really deserve the section of the month. NSM's review of New Super Mario Bros. Wii was probably my favourite section in this issue, as it praised the game while criticizing the flaws.
Why thank you ;D

Gonna read it right now

EDIT: It was kind of uderwhelming. It seemed like, not enough. My favorite section was Toad's History of Video Games
 

Toad85

MarioKartRPG
My article this time had to be cut kinda short, because of all the homework I've had this month. I'm glad you still like it.
 

Pokemon DP

God I'm good at being an owl
Retired Wiki Staff
Oh yeah, I almost forgot; if you have any questions for our beloved forum leader MST3K, then by all means PM them to him. It'd be great to see him busy again (can I have my money now, Mr. '3K?).

And if you've made any photoshopped screenshots or fanart you want to share, then PM them to our Music and Artwork director Fawfulfury65. It'd be great to see that sub-team get some actual entries again.
 

Post-Damage Invincibility

LET ME COME BACK TO THE 'SHROOM!
Banned User
Crocodile Dippy said:
I stayed up late to do this, so you people better appreciate it. And I just noticed while writing this that the images for Fake News aren't up yet; holy *bleep*, this is annoying. But uhh anyway, discuss...

If anyone is interested in writing for the 'Shroom, I strongly urge you to write for Fun Stuff or especially Fake News; those sub-teams need more dedicated writers, badly.

And to all persons concerned (you know who you are), please send in your sections before the deadline is up. It's really not that hard. I implore you. At least give us a heads up when you can't send it in on time; and then try to get it in as soon as you can if possible. And please don't leave it until the very last minute; it's a major pain for the core staff to organize, and they'd just like a bit of time prior to the issue's release to prepare everything. Thank you.
I signed up for a fun stuff position just now! I hope I find out within a week if I won.
 

KoopaTroopa

bone pun
Mario4Ever said:
It was an okay issue (7/10). As usual, Dippy, your review was excellent (I'm hating myself even more for not playing Okami when it was new, not seeing a copy in years, and not having any means of paying for one). Other sections I enjoyed were the Community Report, A History of Video Games, certain aspects of Fake News, and Mario Kart: Wheel Tips Corner. Other sections, while not bad, didn't appeal to me very much, though a few were just terrible, in my opinion.
How do you think mine was?
 
Top