Do you want Tabuu to like your story?

Don't Fear said:
In fact, I just gave praise to every currently active UP writer, excepting Ambush Bug, UM, and NSM.
Don't Fear said:
It's true.

I have impossibly high standards- meeting them is next to impossible.
so what you're saying is that almost every last wiki story/comic/whatever being made at the moment meets your impossibly high standards?

what

are you just doing this for attention?

I gave praise for progress made. The two that're currently the best would be MCD and Nabber.

And I'm talking written fiction here- not comics. That's not my area.

missingthepoint.png

What would your point happen to be, then? That I think I'm God of UP fiction? I don't. That I think I'm the best writer currently on UP? Hope not. That I'm attention whoring? If it seems like I am, sorry.

I made this topic for two reasons- one, to give a pat on the back to those I felt deserved it. And two, to put some drive into other people to prove this asshole wrong, to show me they don't suck. You can only get better by somebody murdering your self esteem and nitpicking all your flaws.

My point is that this is utterly useless and narcissistic, and seems to be another "bad boy" wank fantasy to stroke your own ego and pretend to be the "asshole who unites everyone together". There is absolutely nothing in this thread that couldn't have been done on IRC or on Userpedia itself; why you dragged it here, I have no idea.

It isn't. And I started this thread last night. Also on a phone, so responding to everybody in IRC would be a pain.

You really haven't motivated me to do anything that different besides being told "hey stupid mother fucker stop writing in paragraph form" i haven't changed much. Not to say i don't value criticism cause i do.

Don't Fear said:
You can only get better by somebody murdering your self esteem and nitpicking all your flaws.
Just feel like pointing out that this is a very flawed way of thinking. Constructive criticism (i.e. actually pointing out what you find wrong, what you think is good, and making suggestions as to how to improve what's already there) is a way, way better approach than simply saying "this sucks" or "try harder". You don't learn anything that way. Try harder at what? The format? The characters? The way chapters are divided or ended? How you present the story's narration? Death scenes? Battles scenes? Humor? Emotion? Grammar? These are just the tip of the iceberg as far as things that could possibly require improvement in any story go. Maybe you wouldn't have been called a narcissistic ass if you would have provided some useful opinions, instead of "try harder".

That is all.

I never said a thing about paragraph form to you.

And Stooben- I specify on what I think when asked for a review. Nobody said anything when everything I wrote got MST'd and everything I said was ridiculed, so I figure I'm relatively tame in comparison to /my/ critics.

By the way Tabuu would you review my newest chapters (they go together)

...you really just don't get it at all, do you? First off, MST's are intended to be funny; what you're doing in this thread simply is not funny, amusing, entertaining, or any other synonym you can think of. Second, this is why addressing the entirety of the community to tell them to "try harder" and start writing better fiction doesn't work, because constructive criticism can only be useful on an individual basis.

When I get on a computer, AB.

Also, Stooben- if you check my posts you'll see that I generally am constructive with my actual criticism. "Try harder" was a general statement, not my review of every fic ever.

MBV: Yes I get it I was an asshole in this thread. Of course, when MSTs are done out of utter spite for the author, it's fucking hysterical.

Crocodile Dippy said:
what you're doing in this thread simply is not funny, amusing, entertaining, or any other synonym you can think of.
Admittedly I found this amusing.

But then again I'm pretty heartless, so...
Don't Fear said:
And no, I'm not doing this for attention. In fact, by my normal standards, I'm being nice.
That would depend on your point of view, really. Cause some people take everything personally and freak out about the slightest bit of not-niceness.

Dr. Javelin said:
Crocodile Dippy said:
what you're doing in this thread simply is not funny, amusing, entertaining, or any other synonym you can think of.

So how does blood get circulated through your body?

Mario4Ever said:
Dr. Javelin said:
Crocodile Dippy said:

So how does blood get circulated through your body?
That's a good question :posh:

heart·less
[hahrt-lis]
adjective
unfeeling; unkind; unsympathetic; harsh; cruel: heartless words; a heartless ruler.
A bit on the harsh side, but more of the unfeeling.

People actually call me heartless and emotionless or soulless or whatever in real life. Kind of depressing to most people.

(Yes I know you were joking)

Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man said:
We were joking?

:rolleyes:

Dr. Javelin said:
heart·less
[hahrt-lis]
adjective
unfeeling; unkind; unsympathetic; harsh; cruel: heartless words; a heartless ruler.
A bit on the harsh side, but more of the unfeeling.

People actually call me heartless and emotionless or soulless or whatever in real life. Kind of depressing to most people.

(Yes I know you were joking)

I've been called those things before, and I get amused whenever it happens.

Mario4Ever said:
I've been called those things before, and I get amused whenever it happens.
Exactly.

What horrifies people is that I'm almost cheerful about it, which is really because I don't give any credit to whatever they think about me.

Only one person determines my self-esteem - me!

(Okay, a few others, but...)

[this is awfully off-topic sorry tabuu]

Back