Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire Remake Similarities and Differences

Super Mario the Hedgehog

...I've been looking forward to it.
Like the title says, if there are Ruby and Sapphire remakes, what would you like them to have in common and not? Here's what I want:

Similarities:
Emerald's Battle Frontier.
Fight both Team Magma and Team Aqua.
Have Emerald's Rayquaza plot.
Rayquaza catchable.
Some Pokemon catchable, duh.

Differences:
Ruby has Steven as the Champion and Wallace as the eighth Gym Leader while Sapphire has Wallace as the Champion and Juan as the eighth Gym Leader.
While the Rayquaza plot remains intact, only the opposite legendary sleeps. The other one retreats to the Cave of Origin for you to capture. The other one will be catchable after entering the Hall of Fame by emitting weather conditions in the area they were in like in Emerald.
Different Pokemon catchable, duh.
Even though I want to fight both teams, I'd like some differences as to which one steals the submarine, which base you invade, and who attacks Mt. Chimney.
Ruby has the protagonists wearing red like the originals while Sapphire has them wearing green like Emerald.

That's really all I can think of for the moment. Now, what would you want?

Yoshiwalker said:
Super Mario the Hedgehog said:
Rayquaza catchable.
Rayquaza is already cathcable.

Super Mario the Hedgehog said:
Similarities:

As for me, well I'm not quite sure. The third gen was my least favorite, so I just hope the remakes are better.

I think he meant he wanted Rayquaza to be catchable just like in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald.

I want new pokeballs. One for each type, similar to how the net ball works better on water and bug types.

Also, I don't want the to choose between the Mach and Acro bikes. It was kind of annoying constantly having to go back to Mauville City just to exchange bikes.

Also, more fire, electric, water, and grass types. Also, if Steven is the champion, his Metagross needs to be nerfed. That thing took out my entire team by itself. I only won through a miracle.

Back