How much do you chess?

DragonFreak

Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly!
I'm playing Chess online right now. Also, I play Chess everyday at school, and I can beat ever single person with confidence except one.

Many people say that Chess is insanely boring, and it is. I agree to that if I'm a spectator. But the strategy in this simple board game is unlike any other game out there.

Does anyone else play Chess to a great extent?

Banjo said:
What site do you use? I'd like to challenge you! :evilgrin:

Chess.com

My username is DragonFreak (which the account was named before I changed this site's username [because obviously, I use DragonFreak much more often]).

But I can't right now. I'm getting off, but if you can friend me or whatnot for the nexttime we are both online.

I used to play chess a lot, but then everyone I played it with got bored of it, and so I haven't played a legitimate game of chess in a couple years.

DragonFreak said:
Many people say that Chess is insanely boring, and it is. I agree to that if I'm a spectator.
No.

You can learn a lot about a person by the way they play a game, and chess is one of the ways to do that. You also, as a spectator, have the ability to decipher moves for both sides and not know what either side is planning.

If you don't really have the time to do this or just don't care, then yeah, it's boring. I find it interesting though. And not just the game, but the reactions and opinions of the people involved makes it fascinating.

Yeah I play chess. Yoshiwaker and I duel all the time, he's slightly better but as soon as he makes a tiny mistake I smash him.

I read this as how much do you cheese

Dr. Javelin said:
And not just the game, but the reactions and opinions of the people involved makes it fascinating.

That's why my dad likes chess. I like it just because it's fun to play.

Chess isn't a verb, but I don't play often, since I'm better at Scrabble.

DragonFreak said:
How much do you chess?

How does one chess? Is that like playing chess? Or is it the act of forcibly chessing someone? As in, "You've been convicted of first-degree chessing!"? If so, what does it mean? Is it physically converting someone into a chessboard? Or forcing them to play chess with you? Or is it hip new slang for shooting someone?

Messed Up Freakshow of Cryptic Sarcasm said:
DragonFreak said:
How much do you chess?

How does one chess? Is that like playing chess? Or is it the act of forcibly chessing someone? As in, "You've been convicted of first-degree chessing!"? If so, what does it mean? Is it physically converting someone into a chessboard? Or forcing them to play chess with you? Or is it hip new slang for shooting someone?
Lol'd.

Anyway, I have a midrange knowledge of chess. If I devoted significant time and dedication to it, I probably have enough of a grasp of the tactical side of things to play well, but I don't have any humans to play with on a regular basis.

Back