Which Elite Four Champion Would Win In A Pokemon Battle?

Who would win?

• Blue (Herracross, Alakazam, Tyranitar, Arcanine, Exeggutor, Blastoise)

Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Lance (Salamence, Gyarados, Garchomp, Altaria, Charizard, Dragonite)

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Steven (Skarmory, Cradily, Claydol, Armaldo, Aggron, Metagross)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wallace (Wailord, Tentacruel, Ludicolo, Gyarados, Whiscash, Milotic)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cynthia (Spiritomb, Garchomp, Togekiss, Milotic, Roserade, Lucario)

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Alder (Accelgor, Bouffalant, Druddigon, Vanilluxe, Escavalier, Volcarona)

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
Obviously, Blue. His sheer presence would make all Pokemon faint before they are even sent out.

Blue and Gary are twins. But Gary is the awesome twin :D

Dry-Petey said:
Blue and Gary are twins. But Gary is the awesome twin :D
Blue and Gary are the same people and awesome they are no matter what :D

Yes I totally tried to match up the text.

Cynthia. She has the best Pokemon. Spirtomb has no weaknesses and I don't think any of her Pokemon share any weaknesses.

Lance, Wallace and to a lesser extent, Steven and Alder have multiple Pokemon that share weaknesses.

I don't think Blue's Pokemon share any weaknesses but they weaknesses they do have are obvious.

Since Blue and Cynthia seem to be tied right now, let's see what would happen if they went face to face to face.
Herracross vs. Spiritomb
Alakazam vs. Garchomp
Tyranitar vs. Togekiss
Arcanine vs. Milotic
Exeggutor vs. Roserade
Blastoise vs. Lucario

Who looks better now?

hmm....still Cynthia lol xD

It has to be Alder, Blue, or Cynthia because you can murder the others with one type (Lance with Ice, Steven with Fighting, Wallace with Electric).

I say Alder because he has Escavelier, Volcarona, and Accelgor, very impressive Pokemon whereas Cynthia only has one that impresses me: Garchomp.

Dr. Javelin said:
It has to be Alder, Blue, or Cynthia because you can murder the others with one type (Lance with Ice, Steven with Fighting, Wallace with Electric).

I say Alder because he has Escavelier, Volcarona, and Accelgor, very impressive Pokemon whereas Cynthia only has one that impresses me: Garchomp.
You could also use some tough grass types against Wallace. The two winners currently both have decent grass types (Blue's Exeggutor, Cynthia's Roserade).

Well fine then, use one of the plethora of Fire/Fighting types out there.

And who cares about Claydol it's a wimp. One Blaze Kick and it's finished. (Okay, maybe two, but...)

Evil Magikrazy said:
Dr. Javelin said:

You could also use some tough grass types against Wallace. The two winners currently both have decent grass types (Blue's Exeggutor, Cynthia's Roserade).
I can't say anything about Exeggcutor, but Roserade is amazing and could easily OHKO every one of them (except Tentacreul, who might survive because of neutrality) with Petal Dance and a Persim Berry.

Actually, Roserade's Sp. Atk is higher than its Attack so you'd be better off blasting away with Solarbeams under the sun or White Herb Leaf Storms.

Dr. Javelin said:
Actually, Roserade's Sp. Atk is higher than its Attack so you'd be better off blasting away with Solarbeams under the sun or White Herb Leaf Storms.
Petal Dance is also a special move. It's just one of the few that make contact.

Back on subject.

If they did a tournament thingy, Wallace would be blasted away by anyone except Lance (Roserade, Exeggcutor, Cradily, and Alder's Accelgor knows Energy Ball). Lance would be murdered by Blastoise w/ Ice Beam, Wallace, or some Ice Beam on Cynthia or Steven, and Vanniluxe). Steven and Alder would be next because of Heracross and Togekiss w/ Aura Sphere and Fire Blast, respectivley. Finally, Blue would win with a bit of type matching:

Spiritomb: Anything except Alakazam
Roserade: Blastoise w/ Ice Beam
Togekiss: ^
Garchomp: ^
Lucario: Heracross
Milotic: Alakazam w/ Thunderbolt or Exeggcutor w/ Leaf Storm.

Pyro said:
Back on subject.

If they did a tournament thingy, Wallace would be blasted away by anyone except Lance (Roserade, Exeggcutor, Cradily, and Alder's Accelgor knows Energy Ball). Lance would be murdered by Blastoise w/ Ice Beam, Wallace, or some Ice Beam on Cynthia or Steven, and Vanniluxe). Steven and Alder would be next because of Heracross and Togekiss w/ Aura Sphere and Fire Blast, respectivley. Finally, Blue would win with a bit of type matching:

Spiritomb: Anything except Alakazam
Roserade: Blastoise w/ Ice Beam
Togekiss: ^
Garchomp: ^
Lucario: Heracross
Milotic: Alakazam w/ Thunderbolt or Exeggcutor w/ Leaf Storm.
Blue's Alakazam does not have Thunderbolt (his Tyranitar does, though) and his Exeggutor does not have Leaf Storm. Here are the movesets for Blue's Pokemon:

Herracross Lv. 72
Megahorn
Counter
Rock Tomb
Earthquake

Alakazam Lv. 73
Psychic
Reflect
Calm Mind
Shadow Ball

Tyranitar Lv. 72
Crunch
Thunderbolt
Earthquake
Aerial Ace

Exeggutor Lv. 73
Sleep Powder
Light Screen
Giga Drain
Psychic

Arcanine Lv. 73
Overheat
Extremespeed
Iron Tail
Aerial Ace

Blastoise Lv. 75
Rain Dance
Hydro Pump
Ice Beam
Earthquake

Yes, but neither do they fight each other.

I saw one hypothetical Alder-Cynthia battle on Smogon where they took their Pokemon and made them the best they could be and then battled it out.

Alder barely won.

Back