Something that vexes me

Magikrazy

Donkey Kong
In Pokemon, the Global Trade Station in the game doesn't let you trade your pokemon if they contain swear words. It's fine if the nickname of your pokemon has a swear word in it, but what happens if the species of the pokemon has a name with an expletive in it, and you didn't nickname it? Yes, Cofagrigus has been fixed, but what about Pineco, Ho-Oh, Weedle, Marshtomp, Skuntank, Nosepass and Probopass? This only makes the kids playing the games confused and forces them to learn these words. Any thoughts on this?

Besides Nosepass and Probopass, I don't see anything wrong with the other Pokemon's names.
It's not really a problem for me since I never use the Global Trade Station. Very few people there know a good trade. Tepig for a Level 100 Lugia? Heck no. What also pisses me off at the GTS are those people who put up a Pokemon to show it off or store it by giving an impossible trade. :mad:

I once made a rant about the GTS.

Let me go dig for it.

EDIT: http://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=14446.msg585705#msg585705

Pyro said:
I once made a rant about the GTS.

Let me go dig for it.

EDIT: http://www.marioboards.com/index.php?topic=14446.msg585705#msg585705

Are you suggesting I'm slow?
Pandapowah said:
Besides Nosepass and Probopass, I don't see anything wrong with the other Pokemon's names.
It's not really a problem for me since I never use the Global Trade Station. Very few people there know a good trade. Tepig for a Level 100 Lugia? Heck no. What also pisses me off at the GTS are those people who put up a Pokemon to show it off or store it by giving an impossible trade. :mad:

All the Pokemon's names contain swear words (by Nintendo and Game Freak's standards). For example, *bleep*[/b]rigus.

EDIT: See? Even this board won't let me talk about this Pokemon, which I will now refer to as the evolution of Yamask.

I had to look for the word in the first one. I found it, I can't believe it took me so long to find the word. Also, swear censor option is in profile settings and stuff.

Evil Magikrazy said:
In Pokemon, the Global Trade Station in the game doesn't let you trade your pokemon if they contain swear words. It's fine if the nickname of your pokemon has a swear word in it, but what happens if the species of the pokemon has a name with an expletive in it, and you didn't nickname it? Yes, Cofagrigus has been fixed, but what about Pineco, Ho-Oh, Weedle, Marshtomp, Skuntank, Nosepass and Probopass? This only makes the kids playing the games confused and forces them to learn these words. Any thoughts on this?
Did I get those right.

Devil Jin said:
Evil Magikrazy said:
In Pokemon, the Global Trade Station in the game doesn't let you trade your pokemon if they contain swear words. It's fine if the nickname of your pokemon has a swear word in it, but what happens if the species of the pokemon has a name with an expletive in it, and you didn't nickname it? Yes, *bleep*[/b]rigus has been fixed, but what about Pineco, Ho-Oh, Weedle, Marshtomp, Skuntank, Nosepass and Probopass? This only makes the kids playing the games confused and forces them to learn these words. Any thoughts on this?
Did I get those right.

Oh... Now I see. But there not that noticable.

You left out the d in Weedle and the e in Pineco, but you got the rest right. Nosepass, Probopass and Froslass should be easy to find.

I'm having trouble with those 3, I can't seem to find them. I had trouble with those other ones too, I can hardly notice them.

Unless you're joking, here's a hint. Check the end. More specifically, the last 3 letters of Nosepass, Probopass and Froslass.

I don't get that either. It's probably an obscure euphemism for something dirty, though.

Evil Magikrazy said:
I don't get that either. It's probably an obscure euphemism for something dirty, though.

Maybe GameFreak just finds something dirty in everything. Why can't they just put in software that detects whether you've nicknamed them for the next game? That's what I would do.

You have issues if you're looking for profanity in the names of Pokemon. It's not like anyone cares, even if Game Freak did it intentionally, which I am almost certain is not the case.

I think it's a bit odd that you used the word "vex" which is to "confusingly annoy".

I'm not confused by this, just annoyed.

I remember this issue. Indeed it was a bit of ridiculous decision as some Pokemon do have these censored words in their names. The one I remember was cofa-grigus (the name is even censored on the forums). This change was unneeded; yet, GF still did it...

Back