Votes: 2 16.7%

Votes: 3 25.0%

Votes: 2 16.7%

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

Pokemon DP

God I'm good at being an owl
Retired Wiki Staff
Herp a derp, getting this shit up was messy. Sorry 'bout that, you can vote and comment now!

Your section was excellent...I won't be surprised if you get Section of the Month again. Overall, I rated the issue a 7/10. Some sections just didn't appeal to me like others did, though there was nothing that was really terrible.

Nice stars, Dippy.

Anyway, I particularly liked the Non-Marioverse Review (as usual) despite the fact that I disagreed with one or two of the points made. Also, Dippy's template was about as awesome as predicted.

Oh yeah, and I wrote like, the easiest section in existence since all it was was re-formatting information already present.

I started writing again in this issue!

Anyway, I liked it. I would like more Fake News though, more people should go out for the positions.

Thanks, mates; especially for not throwing swords at me. That was much appreciated.

I feel I should stress the Feedback Survey since it's kind of very important to improving the 'Shroom. Your input matters, or whatever everyone else tends to say when trying to advertise this!

New Super Mario said:

Anyway, I liked it. I would like more Fake News though, more people should go out for the positions.
Agreed. How did you guys like my first section ever?

KoopaTroop said:
New Super Mario said:

I actually really liked it.

It could have been a bit longer, but the short length added to the comedic effect.

It was great! However, I strongly disagree with Dippy's Non-Marioverse Review. My favourite section was Toad85's A History Of Video Games.

Ultraluigi said:
However, I strongly disagree with Dippy's Non-Marioverse Review.
That's OK, pretty much everyone does. I knew what I was getting into.

I could write a follow-up section further detailing my gripes with the game, if you want.

Crocodile Dippy said:
Ultraluigi said:
However, I strongly disagree with Dippy's Non-Marioverse Review.
That's OK, pretty much everyone does. I knew what I was getting into.

I could write a follow-up section further detailing my gripes with the game, if you want.
It's fine. But don't you think "Throw the game in the furnace" is going too far?

entertainment value

which in retrospect wasn't very entertaining

To clarify, I don't think Skyward Sword is an utterly putrid game. Just a bad one. I'm still waiting for something so terrible it makes me cry.

KoopaTroop said:
New Super Mario said:

Well, really, it was short and didn't make much sense, considering that when a bob-omb blows up, it stays dead.

It was good.
I agreed with most of the points of Dippy's article even if the attitude was a bit aggressive for a reviewer.

With regards to Dippy's review, I did agree with one of his major complaints, which, if you filter out his natural hate for motion controls, made perfect sense and I agreed with 100%; Skyward Sword would have been way better if it wasn't limited by the Zelda mythos. I gave an inward cheer every time they rejected a Zelda stereotype and felt crushing defeat every time they gave in to one. In the end, Zelda beat its own game.

New Super Mario said:

I tried candidating for a Fake News section on December, but I didn't make it. Also, this means that I sent a PM to candidate for a section on December, but I didn't make it.

Crocodile Dippy said:
entertainment value

To clarify, I don't think Skyward Sword is an utterly putrid game. Just a bad one. I'm still waiting for something so terrible it makes me cry.

Play the three Zelda CD-i games.

Crocodile Dippy said:
entertainment value

I found it entertaining. I like negative reviews if valid points are raised, and you seem to raise more valid points in your reviews than most professionals.

It was a good issue. I did rage a lot at the non Marioverse review. Ignore it completely although I do think he is good at the job still.

Discord said:
I really should sign up for the Shroom sometime.

I would if I could devote myself to it (e.g. had enough time).

Skyward Yoshi said:
It was a good issue. I did rage a lot at the non Marioverse review. Ignore it completely although I do think he is good at the job still.

Not everyone has to think Skyward Sword is a masterpiece, and the review isn't any less worth reading or valid just because you disagree with it.

Skyward Yoshi said:
<implying that you don't have to actually consider the logic of a position if you disagree with it
This makes no sense.

If you're going to complain about anything in my review it should be how overly similar it is to Yahtzee's review*, not because you thought the holy power of Jesus shone on the game during development.

*seriously, I've got to fix this badly for my reviews from now on. Derp.

Back