Wikipedia Blackout

Apparently a bunch of people stopped supporting SOPA, but they plan on bringing back SOPA off the shelf in February.

If SOPA gets through, 80% of the Internet will be destroyed :(

Kirby said:
Skyward Yoshi said:
King DDD said:
Do you means that this site is about Mario and it can be taken down by goverment?
Unlikely.
No it will be taken down by the government if the bill passes.
The only way this site could be taken down was if Nintendo wanted it to be taken down. However Nintendo's own website says that it's characters can be used as long as you don't make a profit from it

A bunch of people are urging President Obama to veto SOPA and PIPA via email, so if he does veto them it is 100% impossible for them to pass. YES! YES! ;D

Presidential veto can be overridden by a 2/3 vote in congress. So no, not 100% impossible at all really

If only if someone created a bill to stop hacking but not Copyright Content.

Christian Brutal Sniper said:
Presidential veto can be overridden by a 2/3 vote in congress. So no, not 100% impossible at all really
A veto override is hard enough to pull off as it is, and attempting so would just be bad publicity. I don't think they'd risk it.

carcinoGeneticist said:
SKmarioman said:
A bunch of people are urging President Obama to veto SOPA and PIPA via email, so if he does veto them it is 100% impossible for them to pass. YES! YES! ;D

You don't actually understand how laws are passed in the United States.

And right you are then :|

At least a veto override is difficult to pull off, so we don't need to worry about it too much if President Obama does promise to veto SOPA and PIPA.

Hey, SKmarioman? Word of advice, from one Aussie to another; just stop talking about U.S. politics, please.

Crocodile Dippy said:
Hey, SKmarioman? Word of advice, from one Aussie to another; just stop talking about U.S. politics, please.

Wait, SKmarioman's an Aussie? Cool, Now I know 2 Aussies (Including you).

I don't really get wrapped up in politics and that complicated stuff, other people can deal with it.

Back