The Rubik's Cube

Can you solve it?

• Yes

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • No

Votes: 14 58.3%

• Total voters
Mario4Ever said:
It's called a K-Ball. It's kind of like a Rubik's Cube. The 8 you see indicates that it is divided into 8 segments. You can't do anything with individual segments, but you're able to turn four segments at a time, either horizontally or vertically (e.g. one of the hemispheres).

Official Website (if nothing comes up, hit Refresh)
The K-Ball is just really a spherical version of a 2x2x2(which would be spelled '2x2' in the cubing forums/community), which really isn't that impressive. The 2x2 is also more challenging than people think it is, and I hate it when people think that it'd be the easiest thing in the world to be able to solve it in a decent time, which it really isn't. The K-Ball is also worse than a normal 2x2 as it takes much, much more effort to turn a side on the K-Ball than it does with the 2x2. This is because the K-Ball has round sides, whereas the 2x2 has squares as its sides; the squares are much easier to just touch with your index finger, and either push or pull it, whereas with the K-Ball you have to do this weird and awkward movement that arbitrarily requires the usage of your entire hand.

I can solve the 3x3 in about ~30 seconds, and I think that I suck; I have been able to constantly solve it in ~25 seconds. I can also solve 4x4, 5x5, 6x6, 7x7 and pretty much any nxn cube ever. I can also solve a Megaminx(use Google, people!), and any larger dimensions of that puzzle, too. I have been able to solve the Square-1 before, but I forgot a parity algorithm for it, which sucks. I have also been able to solve any 3xnxn cube ever, but I seem to have forgotten the algorithms which I made up for them.

You are probably confused as fuck now. 'Algorithms?', 'Parity?', 'Square-1?', 'Megaminx?'. If you bother me enough about it I might explain for you all.

It wasn't meant to be impressive. I was just pointing out that I'm better at it than I am at a Rubik's Cube.

I got a Rubik's Cube in 2009, and solve amount: 0

>>M4E: OK. Have you timed any of your solves with it? If you have: What's the fastest you've been able to solve it? I'd say that, for such an awkwardly shaped twisty puzzle as the K-Ball is, around ~20sec is a decent time to have for it. I actually suck at solving the 2x2, and I prefer the 'big cubes' — cubes that have more pieces per row/column than the 3x3 — anyway as they require more thought to be put into, even if you do know the general method for them.

>>Everyone here who can solve the 3x3: Do you have a preferred colour to start with, or do you choose the best colour for the situation? I have always done the latter, and I will never, ever, start my solves with a preferred colour as it, according to me, has no benefits for you what so ever if you do.

I always start with blue. Every time.

Detective Dick Gumshoe said:
GfYNv.png

That thing is fun, it's called the Epic Perplexus.
: O

Yoshiwaker has one of those. It's awesome.

Also the only way I've solved a cube was by cheating and popping out the cubes and re-arranging them.

Dr. Javelin said:
Detective Dick Gumshoe said:
GfYNv.png

That thing is fun, it's called the Epic Perplexus.
: O

Yoshiwaker has one of those. It's awesome.

Also the only way I've solved a cube was by cheating and popping out the cubes and re-arranging them.
[me=RandomYoshi]wants[/me]
I know where I can get one, but I'm way too lazy to actually get it.
EDIT:Where the fuck went my text that I wanted to add?

Back