Déjà Vu

Kyoko Sakura

Celestial Guide
If you don't know what it is, check here. It's when you feel like something has already happened, even though you're not sure if it really did happen before.

Some say it's caused because the eyes see an event before it's registering in the brain, giving you the false impression it has happened before. Some even say the time of the universe works cyclically and you're remembering what happened because it happened on the last run. Others say it means you predicted it in a dream. Still, others have the solid theory of "uh.... I dunno." There are other theories of course.

I'd like to go with the first theory, but sometimes I think it means I almost died. What about you guys?

I get it all the time. Sometimes I swear I've dreamt whole moments before.

I used to get it a lot, but it hasn't happened in a while.

You know, Deja Vu is something I'll never fully understand. I experience it all the time. I see it as more of a psychological thing and your mind playing games on you. I do think "Gosh, when/where/how did this happen before?"
And it gets more crazy when it lasts more than 10 seconds and I'll think to myself "Omg! This all has happened before, and it's still continuing!"

I think of it as a mind game of some sort.

New Super Mario said:
This is really creepy. I also hate where you have like "foreshadowing dreams" where something in your dream comes true.

I had a dream where Garrett Hedlund and I were married and we had a baby boy. Can't that just come true? :P

NintendoQueen said:
New Super Mario said:
This is really creepy. I also hate where you have like "foreshadowing dreams" where something in your dream comes true.

I had a dream where Garrett Hedlund and I were married and we had a baby boy. Can't that just come true? :P
Nah, out of a few of my dreams that did come true they were just stupid things, like one with my brother walking down out driveway while I was looking out the car holding something to put in the trunk.

New Super Mario said:

Hasbro is using inception on me. I will dream up an idea for a Transformer, and BAM. Its made.

It's weird. I dont believe in the supernatural or anything, but I have experienced Deja Vu and cant explain it. I just assume similar situations repeating that appear the same as one I've already experienced. But of course, that takes the romanticism and all the fun out of it.

Sooo. I can predict the future in my dreams!?!?!

Using the dream theory, whenever I think of a t.v. episode, said episode will occur some time after I wake up whether it be the same day I had the dream, the day after, or at most, one week after my dream occured.

Also,

"I'll be honest Ferb, I'm having a hard time putting a positive spin on this. One minute, you're having the best day ever, the next, you're about to be fed to a monster the size of a 2 car garage."

"Yeah? Well, welcome to MY life!"

"And to think everything started out so well this morning."

"You know Ferb, I'm having a hard time putting a positive spin on this. Blah blah blah, 2 car garage, etc. etc."

"Yeah? Well, welcome to MY life!"

"Whoa, deja vu-ish."

This happens to me all the time. I can never really tell, but I always get the general impression that my déjà vu comes from dreams. If I'm reminded of something that has actually happened in real life, the feeling is a lot different.

Back