Best Out of Character Moments

Gumball Machine

Celestial Guide
In this thread, discuss your favorite OOC moments on any T.V. show you want. What is an OOC moment you ask? It's basically when a character acts drastically different. How said character acts during an OOC moment is unexpected from them and usually expected from another character instead. Anyway, discuss your favorite OOC moments right here.

Personally, one of my favorite OOC moments is from Spongebob's "Can you spare a dime?" where near the end, Spongebob finally snaps due to Squidward taking advantage of his hospitality. Spongebob outright yells at Mr. Krabs, picks him up, and shakes him, all while Krabs has a prehistoric dime in his pocket.

Well, it's not a T.V. show but practically every moment in the 39 Clues series is out of character. One of the many reasons I don't read it anymore.

Skip to 37 seconds.

Also, "So not only have you been leading a double life this whole time, but you sat there and let us help an evil scientist open an evil portal into an evil dimension and you did nothing to stop us?!" and let's not forget that episode of The Simpsons where Flander's house gets destroyed by a hurricane and when everyone in Springfield does a poor job rebuilding his house, he outright snaps at pretty much everybody. Although these might be more-so examples of "Beware the Nice Ones" rather than "Out of Character" moments.

I'd say all of Fluttershy's breakdown in Best Night Ever. It's just so surprising but at the same time hilarious that the character that normally does stuff like this ends up doing this

Toad2012 said:
I typically act out of character while playing Mafia.

Kick Buttowski said:
In this thread, discuss your favorite OOC moments on any T.V. show you want.

Northern Verve said:
I'd say all of Fluttershy's breakdown in Best Night Ever. It's just so surprising but at the same time hilarious that the character that normally does stuff like this ends up doing this

I have to second this. That has got to be one of my favorite moments on FiM.

Oh, uhh... That time in Cowboy Bebop when Spike Spiegel got extremely pissed off and went berserk when someone compared him to Vicious?

I don't know.

I thought it was rather odd how in "Spongebob Meets the Strangler", Squidward attends both of Spongebob's parties and actually manages to have a good time. Even weirder is when the Strangler tells Spongebob he bought his fake mustache at the party store and everybody comes back and Squidward out of all people is the one who says "Did someone say party?", and the fact that Squidward said it with a smile pretty much makes it one of the most OOC moments ever.

Back