Cult classics

UltraMario

Donkey Kong
Discussion about any not very well known games that a majority of people loved.

To start, Tomba! and Tomba! 2: The Evil Swine Return.

Psychonauts, Okami, Killer7, Beyond Good and Evil, Katamari Damacy (I think?), Ico, Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem, Conker's Bad Fur Day.

Although at this point they are all pretty much very well known because they became cult classics.

does Earthbound count?

Rainbow Dash said:
does Earthbound count?
Yes. EarthBound counts. And the reason Eternal Darkness is a cult classic is because it's extremely terrifying and nobody seems to like the Cthulhu Mythos anymore.

General Grievous said:
Majora's Mask
No. MM's recent popularity on the internet compares favorably to OoT's, and there's plenty of reputable Zelda fansites (I can name at least three where I've heard this debate) that consider MM at least on par with OoT, if not better.

Not too sure but... does Muramasa: The Demon Blade count? That game was amazing but I dont think its very popular

Like DP said I feel like a lot of the cult classics have later become well known, but Portal is still one of my all time faves.

Katamari Damacy too. I guess I don't really know which games I've played are 'cult classics' per se because I can't think of any really.

Devil Jin said:
Not too sure but... does Muramasa: The Demon Blade count? That game was amazing but I dont think its very popular
Of course. It wouldn't be a cult classic if it was bad. :P.

Does TMNT IV: Turtles in Time from the SNES count? I personally never see it mentioned and it kicks all kinds of ass.

Herr Shyguy said:
Does TMNT IV: Turtles in Time from the SNES count? I personally never see it mentioned and it kicks all kinds of ass.

I would most certainly think so.

Back