Lettered Buttons

Boidoh

King Bowser
Banned User
First of all by lettered buttons i mean the buttons that have letters on them eg, A, B ,C.

Secondly what would you prefer Lettered buttons, or buttons with symbols on them.

Thirdly do you think that nintendo should put all 26 lettered buttons on a remote. By that i meant atleast 26 exist.

4thly, Heres all the lettered buttons.

1.) A - NES, SNES, G&W, GB, GBC, GBA, N64, GCN, DS, WII, 3DS, WIIU
2.) B- All of the above
3.) C - (Im not too sure but) N64, GCN, Wii
4.) L - Not so sure still... (SNES, GBA, N64, GCN, DS, 3DS)
5.) R - Still not sure. All of the above?
6.) X - SNES , GCN, DS, 3DS, WII U
7.) Y - All of the above
8.) Z - NOT SURE! SNES?, N64?, GCN?

Letters or symbols? It doesn't really matter as long as I can tell which button to use.
BTW The "Z" button is from the Wii's nunchuck.

edit: BTW The Wii's nunchuck had a "Z" button and those other controllers Uniju mentioned.

I have no idea what you're talking about but I'll just start talking about buttons by myself.

I always map buttons to the classic Nintendo layout in my head. When I'm playing a game on the Wiimote, I don't say "1 and 2", I say "A and B"- "A Button" and "B Button" mean more to me than just the labels that are on the buttons. Any button that jumps is "A" to me, and "B" is for attacking and running. X and Y can act as secondary A and B in some games, or they can be their own buttons when more controls are being used. For example, in Mario Kart 7 Y is A for me. I call it A, and in my head it's A, I just wish it was A in the entire game and not just a secondary accelerator.

I've never been a Sony guy, but if I was I would call the buttons A, B, X, and Y. The only time I'll ever not call buttons by those letters is when I'm using a fundamentally different controller, i.e. keyboard and mouse for an FPS.
Pandapowah said:
"From"? The first instance of Z button on a console controller that I remember would SEGA's six-button controllers for the Genesis(the standard had three buttons, but there was a six-button version that came out for fighting games and the like) and Saturn- these had A, B, C, X, Y, and Z. The first Nintendo controller to have a Z button was the Nintendo 64 controller, where it was placed underneith the middle handle in roughly the same place hand-wise as it is on the Wii's nunchuck. It was originally absent from the Gamecube controller, but got stuck in as an after-thought above R because developers wanted more buttons.

Lettered buttons. Maybe it's just because I'm not used to it, but I find it hard to memorize the Playstation buttons.

Lettered buttons and symboled buttons are more or less the same thing, but Ive almost always played games that use lettered buttons so those are what my brain defaults to when adapting to a controller like Uniju.

Why the hell would anyone ever need 26 buttons

Uniju said:
I have no idea what you're talking about but I'll just start talking about buttons by myself.

I always map buttons to the classic Nintendo layout in my head. When I'm playing a game on the Wiimote, I don't say "1 and 2", I say "A and B"- "A Button" and "B Button" mean more to me than just the labels that are on the buttons. Any button that jumps is "A" to me, and "B" is for attacking and running. X and Y can act as secondary A and B in some games, or they can be their own buttons when more controls are being used. For example, in Mario Kart 7 Y is A for me. I call it A, and in my head it's A, I just wish it was A in the entire game and not just a secondary accelerator.

I've never been a Sony guy, but if I was I would call the buttons A, B, X, and Y. The only time I'll ever not call buttons by those letters is when I'm using a fundamentally different controller, i.e. keyboard and mouse for an FPS.
Pandapowah said:
"From"? The first instance of Z button on a console controller that I remember would SEGA's six-button controllers for the Genesis(the standard had three buttons, but there was a six-button version that came out for fighting games and the like) and Saturn- these had A, B, C, X, Y, and Z. The first Nintendo controller to have a Z button was the Nintendo 64 controller, where it was placed underneith the middle handle in roughly the same place hand-wise as it is on the Wii's nunchuck. It was originally absent from the Gamecube controller, but got stuck in as an after-thought above R because developers wanted more buttons.

Oh okay. Sorry, I have never had any of those consoles and it was just a wording mistake. I'll fix it.

About the 26 letter buttons. What game would need 26 different buttons and it would be hard to fit all of those on a comfortable controller.

What game would need 26 buttons? There was a game that came with a controller with over 100 buttons.
Actually, I think there were several games like that.

Letters, definitely. I am shape challenged and can never remember how to work a Playstation controller. Herpderp. All I remember is where the X is, and that's probably because it's a letter.

schmutz said:
Letters, definitely. I am shape challenged and can never remember how to work a Playstation controller. Herpderp. All I remember is where the X is, and that's probably because it's a letter.
find_X_test.jpg

Then an xbox controller would be great for you. xP

A,B,X,Y

_ said:
schmutz said:
find_X_test.jpg

Then an xbox controller would be great for you. xP

A,B,X,Y

I do quite well with Xbox controllers (not the original Xbox, those things were three times as large as my hands). When I first started playing it, I kept mixing them up because they were opposite from the Gamecube controller, but now it's okay.

I'm pretty much the same as Schumtz. I can't stand the Playstation controller but I can usually do well on the Xbox despite sometimes confusing its buttons.

I'm the opposite of Schmutz. The Gamecube controller kinda confuses me more than the shapes ever did. Probably because I grew up with the Playstation 2, but I digress.

Yeah, I guess it has a lot to do with what you start out on. I began with Gameboy, so letters just seem normal to me.

By the way x=5

schmutz said:
Yeah, I guess it has a lot to do with what you start out on. I began with Gameboy, so letters just seem normal to me.

By the way x=5
I disagree.
Quadratic.formula.jpg

Yes thank you the quadratic formula sure is a thing unfortunately it has no application to the problem that he was responding to.

No you showed him an equation which happened to use a variable that he solved a different problem for.

You showed HER the quadratic equation, used to solve quadratics such as 2x^2-7x+8.

I was using Pythagorean theorem, although it was quite easy to tell it was a 3-4-5 right triangle.

On topic: My friend has played Playstation all her life and has a difficult time with lettered buttons.

Discord said:
Well, I forgot completely about that problem. You should have quoted it.
It was 1 page back...
Not even 1 page at time of posting...

Back