2012 NFL Playoffs (Super Bowl: New England Patriots Vs. New York Giants)

Super Bowl: New England Patriots Vs. New York Giants. Who are you rooting for?

• New England Patriots

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • New York Giants

Votes: 9 64.3%

• Total voters
Re: 2012 NFL Playoffs

Brock said:
What? A reference to dirty teams that doesnt involve Philadelphia? As a Philadelphia fan, I am shocked and scandalized. We are the dirtiest fans/teams in the world, show some respect. >:[

I don't know much about football, unless it's about the Colts or Bears.... :-\

Well the Texans won. And I hate that I was right, but boy was I right. The Lions defense just couldn't contain Brees and it didn't help there were so many almost-interceptions that could of at least made the game closer. Plus the Saints actually kind of had a running game. The Lions didn't. But oh well, I'm very proud of the Lions and this year and hope they come back stronger then ever next year.

Glad to be playing the Texans next week. This guarantees that we won't have to play both New England and Pittsburgh.

Wow, the Broncos actually beat the Steelers. And in OT. I guess there had to be one upset this Playoff year. I'm sure you're very happy Ralph.

Also Giants move on as well. After holding the Falcons to only a Safety

The Eagles are eliminated, so I guess I'll be a Broncos fan for the rest of the season.

Next week's matchup against New England will be tough, but if Tebow plays the way he did this afternoon, they stand a decent chance.

Magus said:
The Eagles are eliminated, so I guess I'll be a Broncos fan for the rest of the season.

Next week's matchup against New England will be tough, but if Tebow plays the way he did this afternoon, they stand a decent chance.
I was not expecting Tebow to do good at all.

Well the 49ers and Patriots won yesterday. For the 49ers it was pretty darn close. Can't say the same about the Broncos though. The way the Patriots Defense looked it's almost as if the Patriots and Steelers switched their defense from over the Regular Season inbetween the Playoffs.

So the Niners won a trip to Green Bay to get killed, and the Patriots earned a mauling by the Ravens in front of their own fans.

I'm cool with that, although I'd prefer to play the Niners over the Packers or Giants.

Ok, The Ravens beat the Texans in a close match thanks to what seemed to be the turnover battle. (Ravens never gave up the ball or made a penalty) And the Giants beat the Packers in a game the Defense dominated and Eli Manning and his recievers came through in the clutch.

Now if the Giants go in the Super Bowl. I'll watch this year's Super Bowl on a Neutral eye no matter what. However if the 49ers win next week. It's Patriots or Ravens all the way.

Though Ralph I'm a bit concerned about your Ravens next week. The Defense played really well against the Texans today. But I wasn't as impressed with the Offense to think they can match the Patriots. And the Patriots D played better then expected against the Broncos yesterday.

Pats allowed 27 points to the Redskins. There's no comparing our offense to Denver.

Packers lost which sucked but they didnt play good at all.

Giants are looking pretty good bu so is San Francisco so that should be a good game

I dont think baltimore can stop the Patriots offense.

So i would have to say

Giants and Patriots in the superbowl (rematch from '07 I believe)

with the Patriots winning 34-31

Patriots won't be able to stop us. Ravens win 34-21.

No clue what happens in any other games.

I'm 6-2 so far in my picks (Falcons v Giants and Broncos v Steelers were my incorrect picks)

I'm picking the 49ers and Patriots to win this week.

Toad2012 said:
BaseballYoshi24 said:
(rematch from '07 I believe)
Nope. That was Patriots-Eagles. I know because no one here ever shuts up about it.

Patriots-Eagles was the 2004-2005 season. He's correct that it would be a rematch of the 2007-2008 Season's Super Bowl

Northern Verve said:
Toad2012 said:
BaseballYoshi24 said:
(rematch from '07 I believe)
Nope. That was Patriots-Eagles. I know because no one here ever shuts up about it.

Patriots-Eagles was the 2004-2005 season. He's correct that it would be a rematch of the 2007-2008 Season's Super Bowl
...oh. Then I was way off.

For some reason I have this nagging feeling in the back of my head that the 49ers are gonna pull out against the Giants and make it to the Super Bowl by some stroke of luck.

although i doubt that

Oh, the 49ers are capable of pulling it off, but it'll be tough, that's for sure.

Back