Disney Newsletter reveals Epic Mickey 2?

Smashgoom202

Dry Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/12/29/rumor-co-op-multi-console-epic-mickey-2-to-release-next-year.aspx

"Disney Epic Mickey 2 is the latest game in the critically acclaimed Disney Epic Mickey videogame series. In this all-new action-platforming game available for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Wii, Mickey embarks on an epic journey and is pulled back into a world filled with Disney’s forgotten characters. Players can choose to play single-player as Mickey or for the first time players can also choose 2-player split screen mode. In the 2 player mode one person can play as Mickey wielding magic paint and paint thinner to dynamically change the world and the second player can play as Oswald the Lucky Rabbit – Walt Disney’s first cartoon star – with the power to fly like a helicopter and use electricity to fight or friend enemies and solve challenges. Team-up and choose your path to save this forgotten world because the choices you make will alter the story and change the end of the game!"

Okay, so, I think this is awesome! I loved the first game, but mostly because of the potential it had. I want to see MORE obscure Disney characters, I want to see obscure Disney shorts, I want to see obscure Disney MOVIES! Like The Black Cauldron, that'd be perfect for a game like this!

I also want to see more Oswald and Ortensia, more of the Mad Doctor, and I want to see an ACTUAL Phantom Blot, that is, a villain worthy of any evil mastermind, not just a mindless monstrosity.

The whole co-op thing, I'm not to excited about, since I usually play games alone, but hopefully, it's just an option, and I'll be able to play as either Mickey or Oswald in the single-player mode... Probably not, but still. Looking forward to this!

Wait till UltraMario sees this.

Hopefully they'll fix the issues the first had, like a camera problem in some sections.

And @MCS: inb4UMcriestearsofjoy.

Lord Ghirahim said:
Hopefully they'll fix the issues the first had, like a camera problem in some sections.

And @MCS: inb4UMcriestearsofjoy.

He already knows about it. I told the news to him about it in #ultramariochat and he spammed "OMG" alot.

Oh, silly me. I guess that was to be expected.

Anyway, the two-player co-op sounds interesting, wondering if they'll pull it off well.

Disney Epic Mickey did have its flaws, and the fact that you can't swim does add to this. Seriously, you take damage for falling into normal water?!

MnSG said:
Disney Epic Mickey did have its flaws, and the fact that you can't swim does add to this. Seriously, you take damage for falling into normal water?!
Well, you're basically nothing but paint in the game, right?

Smashgoom202 said:
MnSG said:
Well, you're basically nothing but paint in the game, right?

Good point. But I still find it quite unusual, to say the least.

I just have this gut feeling it's fake, but we'll see. Also, they should totally bring Clock Tower back as Clock Tower 2.0 and have this theme. Also, I once made a game that predated this on Fantendo with YoshiEgg called Epic Mickey II.

Back