Mario Kart Idea

GalacticPetey

Donkey Kong
Don't know if this belongs in Fan Creations or The Marioverse but, this is my Mario Kart Idea.

Mario Kart X

Character Roster

*Mario
*Luigi
*Peach
*Daisy
*Yoshi
*Birdo (Unlockable)
*Donkey Kong
*Diddy Kong (Unlockable)
*Bowser
*Bowser Jr. (Unlockable)
*Wario
*Waluigi
*Toad
*Toadette (Unlockable)
*Koopa Troopa
*Paratroopa
*Baby Mario
*Baby Luigi (Unlockable)
*Petey Piranha (Unlockable)
*King Boo
*Baby Peach (Unlockable)
*Baby Daisy (Unlockable)
*Dry Bones
*Rosalina (Unlockable)
*Funky Kong (Unlockable)
*Dry Bowser (Unlockable)
*Shy Guy (Unlockable)
*Hammer Bro (Unlockable)
*Magikoopa (Unlockable)
*Wiggler (Unlockable)
*Boo
*Lakitu (Unlockable)
*Dixie Kong (Unlockable)
*Professor E. Gadd
*Honey Queen (Unlockable)
*Metal Mario
*Mii (Unlockable)

Items
Items can be adjusted similar to the way in SSB
*Green Shell
*Red Shell
*Spiny Shell
*Triple Shells (Green and red)
*Banana
*Triple Banana
*Mushroom
*Triple Mushroom
*Golden Mushroom
*Mega Mushroom
*Blooper
*Thunderbolt
*Thunder Cloud
*Bob-omb
*Star
*Boo
*Super Leaf
*Bullet Bill
*Fire Flower
*Fake Item Box
*POW-Block

Courses

Luigi Bandicoot said:
Are the courses fan made or a mix of courses from Mario Kart games?
If they are fan made I could give you ideas but not the course drawin gor layout.
I have drawings of tracks

I may give you some ideas for the courses.

Here's one:
Parmesan Pyramid.
You are racing on the inside of the pyramid. Since it's made of parmesan the floor is bouncy. There are some cheese based traps, enemies, and shortcuts. You have to get to the top and after being shot by a cannon into a trampoline which brings you into the pyramid entrance, you must get to the starting line.

Here's an idea for a track:
Deep Down Cave
You start out in a passage. It's pretty dark, but occasionally the light go on so that you can see better. You drive through a curving tunnel with some jumps. Then you enter an area with a cliff, so be careful not to fall off. Then you drive over a rocky bridge. At the end of the bridge there is a big jump which leads to some bouncy mushrooms like the ones in Mushroom Gorge. After you get past the mushrooms, you'll go through a tunnel which descends sharply and find yourself at the start again.

Bowser Jr's Playhouse:
There is many traps and lava pits, bullet bill guns, thwomps, giant building block towers, giant Bowser Jr statues, and a bounce house. The starting line is right in front of the bounce house leading to one statue on one side and one building block tower on the other. Then that leads to a room with bullet bill cannons at different altitudes and lava pits on either side. Then there is a room with 4 thwomps and building block towers that will fall over if touched. Next there is a little maze of all the things so far leading to the bounce house and then then finish line.

Idea 3:
Kritter Jungle
A pretty long track, if you fall into the water you will have to return due to the kritters, except for a special spot which leads to a shortcut. Some areas rely on you using the back of the Kritters as platforms. A part of this has the solid land in shape of a snake thus forcing you to drift the curves a lot. Near the end of the lap, you will find yourself at the edge of a mountain and you'll be shot from a cannon to the start/finish line.

Luigi Bandicoot said:
Idea 2:
Teleporting Temple
The entire course is a portal maze. Every time you begin the lap, you must drive into the correct portal. Since you have to go through multiple portals to finish the lap, there is no sign to tell you if you got it correct. After you finish the lap the puzzle is reset and rerandomized.

These kind of courses would suck since it would be pure luck to win

Of curse, if you happen to be the lucky type of guy, you may easily beat it. Also, you could easily see it if you look at other racers. Following them could lead you to victory, or not.Also, not too much luck, as you only pass through 3 portals and have 2 choices per portal, maximum six attempts.

Idea 4:
Wind Waters

Your kart will be upgraded to a boat for the entire race. You are sailing on a restricted area of this waters. If you go outside of the area you'll be bombarded and returned back to the track. If you are ever hit by an item in this track, you will sink and have to be returned by Lakitu. However, there is an extremely low amount of item boxes, so you should be unlucky for that to happen.

apocalypseArisen said:
Why is Daisy unlockable but Baby Daisy isn't?
Why is Baby Daisy in the game to begin with?

Also, my idea:

Ricco Harbour

Basically, it's a regular rectangle in shape. However, there's a huge pit of water in the middle of the track containing Gooper Blooper, who will occasionally take shots at your car. Oh, and there are some tricky floating platforms on the northeast end of the track that could RUIN YOUR DAY.

It would probably belong in the Flower Cup difficulty-wise.

Idea 2:

Daytona Int'l Speedway

Wouldn't it be interesting to have a real-life track in a Mario Kart game?

Mushroom Cup difficulty-wise, because it's pretty much a simple oval with few hazards.

Toad85 said:
apocalypseArisen said:

I don't mind Baby Daisy, in fact I kind of like her, but my point is, why would a clone be available before the real thing?

apocalypseArisen said:
Toad85 said:
apocalypseArisen said:

I don't mind Baby Daisy, in fact I kind of like her, but my point is, why would a clone be available before the real thing?
I'm just mysterious like that. And I have Baby Daisy because I wanted to bring back as many previous racers as possible.

A Little Chinese Lesson said:
Luigi Bandicoot said:
Of curse, if you happen to be the lucky type of guy,

Yes, it would be a curse to race that course. And Mario Kart is about skill. Not luck. Skill.
You know what, I'll change it to a battle mode track. Like that the portals are to get to areas and attack. They are randomized every time you begin a race, but they won't change until the battle finishes.

Fun fact: I was considering Goomba and Boo as playable characters, but I cut them for Magikoopa and Hammer Bro.

Back