The Vita sales figures are in...

Nabber

Artisanal Cheese Taster
http://vita.ign.com/articles/121/1215186p1.html
To be honest, I'm surprised. The Vita does look impressive, it combats a lot of the 3DS's features, and at a good price, too. Japan is also very accepting of technology which makes it kind of weird that they didn't take to it very well.

I found out yesterday. I didnt want to make a topic because it'd turn into a huge flame war. But you did it for me.

I'm pretty surprised actually. Alot of fans were saying they were gonna get it. Like, ALOT. It's kind of sad it isn't doing too well.
I thought it might've destroyed the 3DS in sales.

Crackin355 said:
I didnt want to make a topic because it'd turn into a huge flame war.
I take offense to this. I only start screaming like a toddler when you guys say something stupid. This topic, however, is actually interesting.

And on that, with the increasing popularity of iPhone, Android and all that other new-fangled portable crap, I'm personally not surprised that the Vita hasn't sold as well as people had originally anticipated. Doesn't seem to have much in the way of launch titles, either, which prob'ly doesn't help.

Crocodile Dippy said:
Crackin355 said:
I take offense to this.
Cool. I don't know how it offends anybody, since it happens everywhere. Not just this forum, this forum's pretty stable when it comes to Flame Wars, some other forums are just a big pile of Flame Wars.

Apparently it didn't come bundled with games and there was no Memory Card with it, they were sold seperately. But this is just what I remember from the video i watched so it might be different from what i remember.

Crocodile Dippy said:
Crackin355 said:
I take offense to this. I only start screaming like a toddler when you guys say something stupid. This topic, however, is actually interesting.

And on that, with the increasing popularity of iPhone, Android and all that other new-fangled portable crap, I'm personally not surprised that the Vita hasn't sold as well as people had originally anticipated. Doesn't seem to have much in the way of launch titles, either, which prob'ly doesn't help.
Well, that is definitely a factor but Japan is usually a good testing ground because they'll buy... um, anything, I think. Don't live in Japan so I can't know for sure.
So my question is, what made it do this badly?

Well, we know it's not the device itself, so we can scratch that out. And from what I know, we can also scratch out lack of advertising.

I think the best bet would be the high price and lack of any good games. Look at the 3DS. It sold sluggishly at first as well, until the price was dropped and Super Mario 3D Land was released. I think the same thing's happening with Sony, but on a worse scale. You can't expect people to buy something for so much money for such a weak library.

I'm going to go with what some others have said and say that the Vita's poor launch line-up is to blame. As an aside, the only reason Japan is used as a testing ground is because most companies are headquartered there. It's got nothing to do with consumer acceptance of the product (though that does determine whether or not other regions get it, in some cases).

Back