Smash Bros. vs Mario Kart

Which three games do you like the most? If there is at least one game you haven't played, take a gue

• Super Smash Bros. (the first one)

Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Mario Kart 64

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Super Smash Bros. Melee

Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Mario Kart: Double Dash

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Votes: 21 65.6%
  • Mario Kart Wii

Votes: 16 50.0%

• Total voters

Mario Super Sluggers

The Baby Fan
You can also watch Youtube videos for the ones you haven't played.

My vote: All three Mario Karts. The first two for a great Balloon Battle and the third for an awesome VS Mode.

Uh, how can you compare these two series? They've different in every way possible.

Mario Kart DS > all other Mario Karts.

I voted for Brawl and Melee. They're both fantastic games and better than all of the Mario Karts combined, in my opinion. (Ok that might be a bit much but still. Where did you think my username came from? :P ) I also voted Mario Kart Wii for being the best Mario Kart except DS and because I didn't like the first SSB as much as the others.

GLaDOS said:
Uh, how can you compare these two series? They've different in every way possible.

I'm just comparing the first Smash Bros. to Mario Kart 64, Melee to Double Dash and Brawl to Mario Kart Wii.

They're very different. But Smash Bros. is the superior series simply because it covers more then just Mario. My votes went to Melee and Brawl, I couldn't exactly choose the 3rd one however. as it would of gone either to SSB64 or MK64 I loved both of those.

Uh. I don't see you can really comapre such two different series?
since it won't affect the staff to half one of them, and one consumer can buy many at one time

if you want to compare all spinoffs in one time, then restart another poll with all other games including ball games and Party etc

MKDS > All other Mario Kart games (except Super Circuit) > Brawl > All other SSB games > MK: Super Circuit

I actually rented Mario Kart DS, and have been playing it. However, I am rather disturbed with the CPUs in that they'll act like "You can't catch me, and you'll never take 1st place". At least item abuse is less common in Mario Kart DS.

MnSG said:
I actually rented Mario Kart DS, and have been playing it. However, I am rather disturbed with the CPUs in that they'll act like "You can't catch me, and you'll never take 1st place". At least item abuse is less common in Mario Kart DS.
Really? I've never had that happen with me...

Toad85 said:
Really? I've never had that happen with me...

In the 100cc and 150cc, CPUs can often take leads that you can't keep up with until the final laps. This makes it real tough to get a 3-star ranking on GPs, since you need to be in 1st place a lot to pull that off. Sometimes, you have to wait for a Spiny Shell to pop up if you ever want the chance to take the lead.

I voted for Smash Bros. Melee and Brawl, and Double Dash!!.

I voted for smash bros (The first one) because it's the only one on that list I've played (other than kart 64, which is pretty cool, I guess.) God, you guys make me feel so old. Stop it. >:[

New Christmas Yoshi said:
MKW > Other Mario Karts > SSB
Hahaha, haha, ha. okay then.

Smash Bros., Double Dash, Brawl.

The N64 one's graphics were very dated, well they were earlier.

Double Dash beats melee for it's unique ness.

Brawl beats MKW, due to less odd character choices.

I can't really compare two totally different games. Really. One is a goofy racing game and another is a bit more serious but still goofy fighting game.

Baby Time said:
Brawl (14)
Mario Kart Wii (10)
Double Dash (9)
Melee (8)
Mario Kart 64 (6)
Super Smash Bros. (3)

You can turn off smileys in that post...just saying.

I voted double dash, brawl and MKWii. They're all overall fantastic games. Though I am better at brawl then I am at MKWii. As for brawl and double dash, well... I can't really say for sure at which game I'm better at :P

I only planned to pick two of them. Double Dash is in my opinion the best mario kart game out there, and when wii came out it scared me that they wouldn't ever top dash. I haven't played 7 so who knows.

Melee I just prefer to brawl since I'm more used the physics, but brawl is usually played when I go to parties so I didn't have any complaints about picking it either

Current score: 33-32. Leader is Smash Bros.

Back