How do you become a MOD/administrator/etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoshiMonsta

Yoshi! Yoshi!
I always wondered about how you get those ranks. You guys know how?

Magic

Hard work/determination

Take your pick.

This question was answered on the "STOP! Frequently Asked Questions" topic stickied on this board. Surprised you didn't see it. Look for yourself.

Q: Can I become a moderator?
A: We'll come to you if we feel we're in need of your service.

I assume it's through a consistent amount of good posting and contribution to the content of the forums, although I'd imagine the admins also take reliability and maturity into account, and try to think of what's best for the forum when promoting. Also, I'd believe that they are promoted as needed, not based solely off whether a user fulfills those conditions; I can give examples of this if necessary.

Lord Ghirahim said:
I assume it's through a consistent amount of good posting and contribution to the content of the forums, although I'd imagine the admins also take reliability and maturity into account, and try to think of what's best for the forum when promoting. Also, I'd believe that they are promoted as needed, not based solely off whether a user fulfills those conditions; I can give examples of this if necessary.
I think that you, Bop, may one day be a moderator.
I, on the other hand, have already screwed up my chances of being a mod. Oh well.

Nega-Man said:
This question was answered on the "STOP! Frequently Asked Questions" topic stickied on this board. Surprised you didn't see it. Look for yourself.

Q: Can I become a moderator?
A: We'll come to you if we feel we're in need of your service.

I pretty much answered his question here. This can be locked now.

GLaDOS said:
Lord Ghirahim said:
I think that you, Bop, may one day be a moderator.
I, on the other hand, have already screwed up my chances of being a mod. Oh well.
That was just a detailed answer to the question, and I didn't say anything about getting promoted myself (which would've been out-of-character for me anyway). Moreover, this isn't a good thread to talk about whether User A or User B should or shouldn't be promoted or any future chances thereof.

Simply put, you need to be a positive influence to the Super Mario Wiki community. Always try to make good contributions, and avoid getting any reminders or warnings. Lastly, don't call the admins, they'll call you. Not everyone qualifies to be an admin, and it's a big responsibility to be one too.

Edit: Is your question related to the Wiki, or the forums? If it's for the forums, then that's pretty much out of my league.

It's good to be the best you can be ^_^

so, be kind, not rude,
and think of others,

and maybe someday you'll be asked to be a Mod/Admin :)

The first rule of being a moderator is you don't talk about becoming a moderator.

The second rule is free cake Tuesdays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back