Stereotypes

Mariorules25

Hyaahhh
I found this place called urban dictionary and look this a stereotype of blackburn

1. A large town in east Lancashire, UK.

2. The British multicultural "dream" gone horribly wrong. A roughly 80% white and 20% Asian (of the Pakistani-heritage, Muslim variety) town.. the two groups seem so distant from each other we might as well call it apartheid.
You have more chance of seeing Elvis than a white and Asian person having a conversation in the town centre.
Both groups can pander to the worst possible stereotypes you could imagine.
There is a race problem in the town, it's just people, whether the man in the street, or MP Jack Straw won't step up and admit to it.

3. One of the only towns that thought it a good idea to close down the main town centre nightclub, and then launch a new one on the top of... a multi-storey car park. Genius.
(The place where a close friend of mine was beaten up for the hideous crime of getting into the wrong taxi by some stupid, well.. walking abortions chavettes.. one of them had a child, I would put the poor kid into care myself...)

4. A town where a minority of fairly cool people, especially the younger generation, live, although those with sense often move away when they're old enough.

5. Every bad British 2000s stereotype you could imagine rolled into one. Like the lyrics of I Predict A Riot by the Kaiser Chiefs coming true.

6. Preston nearby isn't exactly Hollywood, but hell, this place makes it look like it.

7. The awful, god-forsaken place people have to waste time sitting around at to change trains travelling to Preston from the east.

8. A place which is supposed to be a shining example of the "good ol', ey' up chuck" salt-of-the-earth Northwest.. hmm, apart from some of the older generation, I've yet to be convinced

Out of curiosity, I looked up my hometown as well.
I found this bit sad and comical.
"Meth is as easily found as soda machines and getting drunk at parties in the middle of fields is a common Friday night activity."

Reno 284 up, 83 down
the biggest little city in the world; the place you to gamble if you dont go to vegas
I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die - Johnny Cash

>Implying I live in Reno

aka, the tool town, once a vibrant western mass industrial town located on the millers river turned drug-dealing hick infested rathole. also known as the teen pregnancy capital of massachusetts with its fair share of chlamydia cases. aside from all this, the few of us who are not tending to our children (and some of those who are) have been known to get down with our bad selves
Couldn't have said it better myself!

I looked up Pittsburgh (since my town is in the negative millions on a scale of well-known cities).

I found this amusing (and so very true):
Finally, Pittsburgh's weather is off-the-wall. It's May as I'm writing this, and we had snow two weeks ago, warm-ish rain last week, and this week we're expecting it to be cold. Still.

This was to be expected:
Picksburgh
"yinz," "haus," "warsh," "kibossi" and pirogies, "nebby," "gum-band," pop, hoagies

schmutz said:
I looked up Pittsburgh (since my town is in the negative millions on a scale of well-known cities).
If they have my town chances are they have yours.

Uniju said:
schmutz said:
If they have my town chances are they have yours.

I checked. Nothing. All I found was a similarly-spelled town in the southwest.

O M G. I looked up the city where I live, and it's so accurate!

"A white city in Indiana. Very white. Also, straight. Their flag has a church on it because of all the churches. Hell, even the university has a goddamn church!"

"It has many luxury neighborhoods, like Shorewood, or there are dumps like Salt Creek Commons. But they have decent schools and have decent enough people, I guess."

Mine didnt have a meaning. I expected it to come up with. "This place is a hole full of druggos".

Of course it'd be written by our neighbouring town thats a couple km away. Those people are total jackasses to anybody from stawell.

I kind of thought everyone from Northern Grampians was a druggo. Although I've only been there about six times in me life, so what do I know.

Where's northern grampians? I have a place called the Grampains somewhere around where I live so I wonder if their related.

Australia_Victoria_Northern_Grampians_Shire.svg

The highlighted area. If you're from Stawell, then you're in this Local Government Area. I've been there plenty of times, it's a really nice area if you get past all the deviants.

Matawan

Place in central New Jersey that has residents of various types (whites, italians, blacks, puertoricans, jews, asians,and many illegal mexicans. Some people claim its a boring town, but theres actually some places to hang out. The school system is whatever you make it out to be, but overall it sucks. Matawan Regional High School (MRHS) prides itself on its superior sports teams. The town is a breeding place for upcoming skaters, football players, and baseball players.

1st Dude: Matawan sucks. theres nothing to do!
2nd Dude: You dumbass, you probably never leave the house and do anything. Matawan has things to offer, skating sites, bball courts, and strathmore! How about being thankful for what your town has, you ass?!

Someone needs a spellchecker.

Toad85 said:
Matawan

Place in central New Jersey that has residents of various types (whites, italians, blacks, puertoricans, jews, asians,and many illegal mexicans. Some people claim its a boring town, but theres actually some places to hang out. The school system is whatever you make it out to be, but overall it sucks. Matawan Regional High School (MRHS) prides itself on its superior sports teams. The town is a breeding place for upcoming skaters, football players, and baseball players.

1st Dude: Matawan sucks. theres nothing to do!
2nd Dude: You dumbass, you probably never leave the house and do anything. Matawan has things to offer, skating sites, bball courts, and strathmore! How about being thankful for what your town has, you ass?!

Someone needs a spellchecker.
Uh, I don't think there are many illegal Mexicans in Matawan.

Speaking of druggies, or as some of you are calling them: druggos--The town where I went to high school, on Urban Dictionary, it said that the freshmen high school girls are skanks (true) and the school is full of druggies (somewhat true).

Let's see what they say about my home!

the unofficial capital of the United States of America

I (heart) N.Y.

Without a doubt, the most exciting city in America. I seriously don't know why NYC is compared to Los Angeles. There's a huge difference and LA isn't half the city NYC is.

Better city in America? Not very fucking likely...

Best, most exciting city in the whole wide world (I'm not american by the way) with some of the friendliest (really) people and the best food. Where else can you buy a giant pretzel? or nuts? or a huge pizza on the street? It's one of those places everyone should go to, at least once.

You should go to New York City!

the capital of the world

all life revolves around new york city

Metropolis; the biggest city in the United States and one of the biggest cities in the world. The financial and economic capital of the United States and the Western Hemisphere. Like any other city, whether its visible on the surface or not, there's crime, poverty and excess in New York City, alongside some of the wealthiest people in the world. It differs from other cities in the US in that the cityscape is more of a contiguous metropolis than Los Angeles, Boston or Chicago. Residents are (surprise surpise) very proud of their city; they have a reputation for being rude, arrogant and boisterous but it is a stereotype that doesn't hold true in every circumstance.

New Yorker: Yeah NYC is the greatest city in the entire fuckin' world and dont you fuggetit
Me: Yeah I was in New York City in 2003 and I was flying out of Newark and the sky above NYC was green
New Yorker: Yeah but its a real city
Me: K, whatever

A great city in the U.S.A full of different cultures and people and a lot of freaks (you know who you are!!)

New York City- The Irish built it, the Jews own it and the Italians run it!!

Birthplace of rap and home of the 5 Boroughs (Queens, Brooklyn, Manhattan, The Bronx, Staten Island) and easily the best city in the U.S.

The best city in the whole damn U.S., and maybe in the world

i'm ok with this

Hahaha they have an article on my rival high school.

And oh my god the article on my town mentions this guy that used to just sit around on his porch drinking all day and I remember that.

I've already seen this for years or so, but here's my town's entry:

A once sleepy rural town full of harmless locals a bit on the thick side but nevertheless friendly.
Since the sixties the town has filled with ethnics from the Indian sub continent.They are now into 2nd generation atitudes and give the town an air of Dehli on a bad night.
Good points...The parking is free.
Where is the temple ?
What's the fastest road out ?

But I much prefer the entries of another town in my county, Corby (which has a reputation for being the 9th worst town in the country):

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Corby

a small, overly populated town in new jersey, consisting mostly of jews, with indian and spanish cultures rapidly moving in.
so true
while teens/students attend the most confusing school system on the face of the planet. k-5: elementary school, 6-7: middle school, 8-9: junior high school, 10-12:
'
this
a town full of *bleep*s who think theyre better than everyone else
man 1: you guys are so poor and stupid. I'm going to return to *my town* where i can chill with some jews, indians, and chinese people. nice
this

This actually pretty accurate!

==Edit==
a town in central jersey consisted of the following groups of kids; jews, catholics, nonjews, noncatholics, emo kids, fake emo kids, preps, stoners, wiggers, gangsters, mall rats, & geeks, nerds, & losers. too many people dye their hair black, go to the mall on friday, make up gangs, and smoke pot. its made of rich and poor kids all who steal their parents money for either the mall or weed. there is nothing to do in this town and everyone knows it. it has the most fucked up school system and when you try to explain to outside people what school you're in or going to, no one ever understands so you just look like a complete idiot. most of the girls are sluts but some are also prude. the guys are pretty much all dicks or they're too shy/emo to function. everyone will agree in the end that its a pretty boring fucked up town.
this

Okay this ENTIRE thing is completely true for me. Except for the part about drinking, obviously.

You know you're from Pennsylvania when:
-You've never referred to Philadelphia as anything but "Philly." And New Jersey has always been "Jersey."
-You refer to Pennsylvania as "PA."
-"You guys" is a perfectly acceptable reference to a group of men & women.
-You know how to respond to the question "Djeetyet?" (Didyoueatyet?)
-You learned to pronounce Bryn Mawr, Wilkes-Barre, Schuylkill, Bala Cynwyd, Duquesne, New Tripoli, Tunkhannock, Punxsutawney, Tamaqua, Susquehanna, Allegheny, and Monongahela.
-The first day of buck and the first day of doe season are school holidays.
-You can use the phrase "fire hall wedding reception" and not even bat an eye.
-You can't go to a wedding without hearing the "Chicken Dance," at least one Polka and either an Italian song (sung in Italian,) or "Hava Nagila."
-At least 5 people on your block have electric "candles" in all or most of their windows all year long.
-You know what a "Hex sign" is.
-You know what a "State Store" is, and your out of state friends find it incredulous that you can't purchase liquor at the mini-mart.
-You own only three condiments "A-1, Heinz 57 and Heinz ketchup".
-Words like "hoagie", "crick", "chipped ham", "sticky buns", "shoo-fly pie", "pierogies" and "pocketbook" actually mean something to you.
-You can eat cold pizza (even for breakfast) and know others who do the same.
-You know several places to purchase or that serve Scrapple, Summer Sausage (Lebanon Bologna), and Hot Bacon Dressing.
-One of the highlights of your life was a field trip to Penn's Cave and Horseshoe curve.
-You know exactly what to do when your mother tells you to "red up" your room.
-You know the time and location of every "wing night" in a 20 mile radius.
-You don't think people from Philly or Pittsburgh talk funny.
-You don't understand all the hype about Rolling Rock beer; You've been drinking it for years even though Iron City is better.
-You consider an exotic vacation to be a trip to Ocean City, Virginia Beach, or Myrtle Beach.
-Words like "hoagie", "chipped ham", and "pop" actually mean something to you.
-You think very little of an Amish buggy on the road.
-You learned long ago how to "step carefully" around the buggy tie-ups in the supermarket parking lot.
-You can go 2 weeks in winter without sunshine and think this is normal.
-You know that Blue Ball, Intercourse, Climax, Bird-in-Hand, Virginville, Paradise, Mars, and Slippery Rock are all PA towns.
-There is no such thing as a "Philly Cheesesteak". It's just called a "Cheesesteak."
-You know that Eucre is a card game and not a form of vomiting.
-You not only have heard of Birch Beer, but you know that it comes in several colors: Red, Blue, White, Brown, Gold.
-You know what REAL potpie is.
-You ask the waitress for "dippy eggs" for breakfast.
-Your turkey has "filling," not "stuffing," and most certainly, NOT "dressing."
-You consider Pittsburgh to be "out west," and you know the fastest way to Philly is the Turnpike.
-When it snows, they put cinders on the roads instead of sand.
-Know that Yuengling is pronounced "Ying-ling," and believe that it really is a premium beer
-You know that a green pepper is not a pepper at all but a "mango".
-You have an uncontrollable urge to buy bread and milk when you hear the word "snow."
-You live within two miles of a plant that makes potato chips, corn chips, pretzels, candy, or ice cream, or that packages turkeys, beans, or bologna.
-You can stop along the road to buy fruits, vegetables, or crafts on the "honor system."
-You know that chicken corn soup from a fire house is the most nearly perfect food on earth.
-You say things like, "Outen the lights," "I'm calling off today," and "They're calling for snow."
-You've heard of distelfinks and hex signs.
-You only buy your beer and soda by the case.
-You think the roads in any other state are smooth.
-You know the Penn State cheer, and although you've never attended Penn State, you are a most obnoxious Penn State fan.
-Hearing horses clopping down a paved street doesn't bring you to the window to see what's going on outside.
-You never see any Confederate Flags, except on the Gettysburg Battlefield.
-You prefer Hershey's Chocolate to Godiva.
-School closings due to snow take the radio stations a half an hour to finish, because just about every town has its own school district.
-You have the Rolling Rock bottle memorized: "From the glass lined tanks of Old Latrobe, we tender this premium beer for your enjoyment. . . . "
-Elect pro-life Democrats and pro-choice Republicans for Governor
-Frequently go "with," e.g., "You going to the market? Mind if I come with?"
-Refer to something as "a whole nother," e.g., "That's a whole nother issue."
-You REALLY HATE antiquers. On Sunday mornings you would scream "Go back to Jersey!" at least once on the way to church.
-When you were a kid and somebody really pissed you off, you said, "I'm gonna deck you!"
-You know the expression, "Hey naw! Watchya dewin'?"
-You know where to buy "Opera Fudge" and that it has absolutely no connection to the Opera.
-The only Jewish people that you've ever met have been from New York or New Jersey.
-You love the Phillies or the Pirates.

And this:
Potholed Roads Going up 800 foot mountains at a 75 degree angle

The one on my town is pretty good.

A nice small town with a low crime rate, good restaurants, some good places to shop.

Yup.

A lot of drugs go around (place), but mostly crappy weed sold by shitty wankster dealers who hang around outside (area across the street from my school where trashy students hang out).

Yup.

The most awesome person in (place) is Randy

Hell fucking yes. He's on staff at my school.

The kids in (place) were wasting the opporotunities they had in life by doing a lot of drugs. The saddest part is that the drugs were really bad quality.

I know a few who fit this.

(awesome person) yelled at the dumbass kid talking during detention.

Yes indeed.

A cool place, home to a high school, 5 elementary schools, and 1 middle school. Known as B-game and jokingly the ghetto of (place that's like Shelbyville on the Simpsons) because it's really not even close to a ghetto. It's located in the bay area of California. Is were the (Shelbyville place) kids shop even though they think their better than (place) kids most of the time.

A small, rich town in San Mateo County filled with preppy teenagers and their wealthy parents. The town has 5 middle schools and two highschools. Many residents spend their weekends shopping on (street). Houses are extremely expensive, but overall it is a great place to live.

I wouldn't call it preppy or that rich.

Lets go to Matt's sprawling expansive manse in (place) tonight

The sprawling, expensive mansions are in the Shelbyville place.

Back