Miyamoto is Stepping Down as Major Director and Producer of Sorts

kat-rin koopa

Koopa Troop Soup is really nice
Re: Miyamoto is Stepping Down as Head of Nintendo

Uh, he's not head of Nintendo.

Re: Miyamoto is Stepping Down as Head of Nintendo

Oh. Well, whatever he was, he stepped down from it. :/

Edit: Changed title to reflect the fact I actually have no clue what he was.

Miyamoto developing small, indie-ish projects solo or with small groups of young devs? This I can get behind.

Well whatever position he stepped down from, I wish the best of luck on Miyamoto's next projects. We should be proud of his accomplishments in his big job with Nintendo and keep an eye on whatever he's doing next.

I'm intrigued to see what he'll come up with.

http://nintendo3dsblog.com/miyamoto-retires-from-his-current-position-at-nintendo-will-work-on-smaller-projects

I think this is "test" that Nintendo can handle without Miyamoto

Seeing as how I think Miyamoto quickly became a shadow of his former self and was driving Nintendo further and further into the ground every year, I am happy this has happened and look forward to seeing him work with younger, more imaginative developers.

Nonetheless, Miyamoto was and still is a great developer. He has achieved many successful goals since the beginning of Nintendo all the way to now. I do agree that he has been worrying a bit too much about staying with the basics in the past few years with little room for expanding the franchises he created; regardless, Miyamoto still did help do wonders with the Mario/Zelda/etc franchises.

I too am interested in what future projects he will be making alongside the younger developers. Perhaps this could freshen up his mind for new creations (in spite of being in smaller development parties).

We shall soon have an Army of Young Miyamotos! (Ok, not really but those young developers will probably benefit from having Miyamoto as basically a mentor)

Yes...you didn't think he made them by himself, did you?

Well, according to Nintendo Power, he's not stepping down, only trying to encourage younger designers and that sort of junk.

Here's what a representative from NOA says:

"Video game designer Shigeru Miyamoto's role at Nintendo is not changing. He will continue to be a driving force in Nintendo's development efforts. In discussing his priorities at Nintendo in a media interview, Mr. Miyamoto explained how he is encouraging the younger developers at the company to take more initiative and responsibility for developing software. He attempted to convey his priorities moving forward, inclusive of overseeing all video game development and ensuring the quality of all products. Mr. Miyamoto also discussed his desire to pursue fresh ideas and experiences of the kind that sparked his initial interest in video games."

So pretty much, Miyamoto's statement was blown out of proportion and was taken the wrong way. That's what I got from 3DS Blog's video of it the other day.

Back