Dumb moments you had in video games

UltraMario

Donkey Kong
Tell some of your dumb moments that occurred to you in video games.

In The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, when I was in that swamp area and that Hag Sister was hurt, I thought I had to play the Song of Healing to heal her. xD.

Pinkie Pie said:
Tell some of your dumb moments that occurred to you in video games.

In The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, when I was in that swamp area and that Hag Sister was hurt, I thought I had to play the Song of Healing to heal her. xD.
It's very simple: if it says heal or some variant thereof, play the song. If not, think of something else. Nintendo always uses red text to give away important plot details...

When I first played Twilight Princess, my wooden shield got burned going up Death Mountain, so I bought a new metal one and proceeded through normally, until I had to use the Shield Attack to learn the Back Slice. The guy hit me around 30 times before I realized I had never equipped my new shield. I had finished an entire temple without it :P

Lord Ghirahim said:
It's very simple: if it says heal or some variant thereof, play the song. If not, think of something else. Nintendo always uses red text to give away important plot details.
But I was six at the time though. xP.

Don Pianta said:
When I first got Animal Crossing, I donatated some fossils to the museum
If you think this is dumb you're a bad person.

I have so many. I kept a log of my dumb moments, and listed the month and year. I'll share four of them.

11/06: Playing Yoshi's Island. I ran into THE FIRST SHY GUY IN THE TUTORIAL, and thought I could finish without Baby Mario. So I lost a life. (I've always hated the image when he gets captured. It gave me nightmares.)
4/07: I fell asleep during the "Escape" part in ML:SS. I did awaken and get out...and with three seconds to spare...
1/09: I had a complete brain fade playing Paper Mario 2 and thought the Goombas ALWAYS died when you squished them. (If you are really weak and don't time your jump right, they'll live.) I still can't let this go.
10/11: I failed to brake playing NASCAR 2011, charged into Infineon's hairpin at 155mph (250kph), and ended up rolling onto my roof. You should take the hairpin at ONE FOURTH OF THE SPEED I DID.

In Pokemon FireRed, I sent Mr. Mime against Lance's Aerodactyl thinking Solarbeam would take it out in one shot, but Mr. Mime got OHKOed by Aerodactly and by that time, I realized that Solarbeam probably wouldn't have done that much damage since Aerodactly was also part flying-type.

Don Pianta said:
In Pokemon FireRed, I sent Mr. Mime against Lance's Aerodactyl thinking Solarbeam would take it out in one shot, but Mr. Mime got OHKOed by Aerodactly and by that time, I realized that Solarbeam probably wouldn't have done that much damage since Aerodactly was also part flying-type.

Aerodactyl's SP DEF isn't all that impressive though, so Mr. Mime's SolarBeam would still be capable of heavily damaging it, if you were able to pull it off. Of course, Thunderbolt would've been a wiser option in the end.

Anyway I've had my fair share of Pokemon battle mishaps as well. For one example, I was using a Trick Room team, but I was forced to forfeit when my Trick Room users were getting hit by Taunt.

I made a similar mistake in HeartGold. I sent out Gyarados against Lance's Aerodactyl hoping Waterfall would OHKO it, but, Aerodactyl pulled off Thunder Fang, taking out my Gyarados.

Don Pianta said:
I made a similar mistake in HeartGold. I sent out Gyarados against Lance's Aerodactyl hoping Waterfall would OHKO it, but, Aerodactyl pulled off Thunder Fang, taking out my Gyarados.
Uhh.... Aerodactyl's a rock type. Gyaradoes is a Water and Flying type.

Don Pianta said:

In a similar manner, I gave my Alakazam Focus Blast so that it could counter the Dark-types. I was up against an Absol, but it managed to KO my Alakazam before it could even attack. But you know, even if my Alakazam was able to use Focus Blast, it might've missed, due to its 70% accuracy.

Additionally, my Garchomp used a Life Orb boosted Dragon Claw on another Garchomp, and there have been occasions where the attack did not deliver a 1-hit KO. During those occasions, the opposing Garchomp would often KO mine with Dragon Rush or Outrage.

I guess you can say that I'm often baffled when I get crushed by Pokemon who are using attacks that I don't teach my Pokemon; I prefer Dragon Claw over Dragon Rush for the accuracy.

I talked to Carth Onasi every time something was bothering him in SW:KOTOR. I don't know why I did it, but I did.

Don Pianta said:

You actually got a Gyarados? I remember playing Ruby and trying to evolve my Magikarp into a Gyarados. Well, long story short, I hated it so much, I released it without a second thought. I hate the move Splash.

CharizardLover said:
You actually got a Gyarados? I remember playing Ruby and trying to evolve my Magikarp into a Gyarados. Well, long story short, I hated it so much, I released it without a second thought. I hate the move Splash.

Yeah I've had a similar reaction to Magikarp when I played the 1st generation games. I guess when you're new to Pokemon, you wouldn't think that a major weakling would turn into a potential powerhouse.

MnSG said:
CharizardLover said:

Yeah I've had a similar reaction to Magikarp when I played the 1st generation games. I guess when you're new to Pokemon, you wouldn't think that a major weakling would turn into a potential powerhouse.

Yeah, I even dislike Magikarp in the series. I see one and I groan. And that episode with the Orange Islands that's based all around Magikarp. Oh, no.

MnSG said:
Don Pianta said:

In a similar manner, I gave my Alakazam Focus Blast so that it could counter the Dark-types. I was up against an Absol, but it managed to KO my Alakazam before it could even attack. But you know, even if my Alakazam was able to use Focus Blast, it might've missed, due to its 70% accuracy.

Additionally, my Garchomp used a Life Orb boosted Dragon Claw on another Garchomp, and there have been occasions where the attack did not deliver a 1-hit KO. During those occasions, the opposing Garchomp would often KO mine with Dragon Rush or Outrage.

I guess you can say that I'm often baffled when I get crushed by Pokemon who are using attacks that I don't teach my Pokemon; I prefer Dragon Claw over Dragon Rush for the accuracy.

Because we need more pokemon stories. I was nuzlocking sapphire against the champion Steven, when he had out his Aggron. I'd taken out 3 of his other pokemon, and none of my pokemon had fainted, but half my team was in the red. I sent my Raichu out against his Aggron (my Ninetails(Vulpy) and Bellossom(Dish) were already in the red, and my Swampert(Muddy) was 50%.) So I risked my Raichu(Chu.)

Launched two brick breaks, got Aggron into the red, Steven used full restore. Got in one more hit to knock him to about 3/4ths health, before it hit Chu with an earthquake. Chu survived with 10 hp left. I panicked, and withdrew Chu, and sent out my Pelipper(Wingy).The second Wingy got out there, Aggron hit her with a Thunder, instant killing poor Wingy in one hit. :'(

My team survived the entire Elite Four, only for Wingy to die on a stupid mistake from me only two KO's from victory. :(

This really isn't stupid, but I still want to share it, since this is the very first time that I had this happen. Never saw it happen on Youtube either.

While playing Dream Ice Hockey from Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games, I accidentally scored an own goal.
How did that happen? My team was skating towards the puck, and I was holding the control pad to the left. I shook the Wii Remote to shoot, and my team shot it towards my own net and the puck went inside.
Also, if your team scores an own goal during Ice Hockey, the last opponent on the other team that touched the puck gets credit for the goal. So let's say that Mario scores in his own net, and Yoshi was his last opponent that touched the puck. Yoshi gets credit for the goal.

In City Trail in Kirby Air Ride, I was just about to hop on another Air Ride Machine, when it suddenly floated into the sky. >_<

A New Super Christmas said:
In City Trail in Kirby Air Ride, I was just about to hop on another Air Ride Machine, when it suddenly floated into the sky. >_<

I've had that happen before.

Not getting Punch Out for the Wii two years ago. Playing Portal 2 as my first game made by Valve (not on PC). Damaging my old Dreamcast game discs...

It's all in reality for me.

Mario4Ever said:
A New Super Christmas said:

I've had that happen before.

Same here, and it has also happened whenever I found an air ride machine that I wanted to use the most.

Back