The Official Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Kai/Super Thread

Dragon Ball Super is over. What did you think of it?

• Indifferent

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Disliked it

• Hated it

• Total voters
Re: The Official Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Kai Thread

Well I could have sworn it was written by Toriyama or something but a quick check on the wiki shows that wasn't the case and now I don't know what to believe. I mean the main reason I originally accepted Battle of Gods as canon was because Freeza namedropped the Super Saiyan God in Minus, which is almost certainly canon because it's a manga both written and drawn by Toriyama, but if a namedrop like that's not enough to make something canon then what is argh

Apparently someone on the wiki recently discovered this super obscure stage show loosely based on GT where Freeza and Cell get new transformations.

They're... they're something.

latest
latest

I figured it'd be best if GP saw this as early as possible considering how long it took him to discover Cell-X.

I think Cell's is bad in a lazy kind of way. "Let's just give him black pants and make small parts of his arms cyan."

Frieza looks like a samurai doofus who smiles at the worst situations. He is also tailess for some reason.

There's like an infinite number of ways it can right GT's wrongs, but I think the most important would be to have Uub remain just as important as he was meant to be in the first place and let him reach his full potential both as a fighter and a character.

I am SO excited for this! It's a great time to be a Dragon Ball fan right now.

There is just...they could do ANYTHING! And because it's anime-first...it could actually be paced well! No more sitting around for things to happen!

Frieza's new form reminds me of Gold Mario. I wonder if he'll make goku a pile of coins.

Man, the next episode of Abridged has been 99% done for a while now.

Hey it was worth the wait.

Kinda wishing they'd drawn a connection between Cell's lips and Popo's and then revealed that Popo's DNA was also in there somewhere and then used that to explain why he's so dangerous and unpredictable I mean I guess it's not too late for that but I get the feeling that train already sailed when they didn't have him do Popo's trademark "hi" at the end of the last episode.

The lips joke was funny enough as is. I like dhow they had the voice kinda sound like a hybird of the Imperfect and Perfect form voices. TFS's original voice for him had a big lisp and was really goofy. Would have been funny, but probably would've gotten old. At least Cell's not in this form long.

Tien was also on-point this episode.

The sneak peak of DBS just aired in Japan.

Goku's a raddish farmer, he's a blonde super saiyan for some reason, Beerus and Whis are there, and Giten and Trunks are still kids.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2tuxxf

Eh, I need to see more before I make judgments.

GalacticPetey said:
Goku's a raddish farmer
Damn it Toriyama or whoever's currently in charge is Goku and Friends Return canon or not make up your mind

The first chapter of the Dragon Ball Super manga has been released.

http://readms.com/r/dragon_ball_super/001/2831/1

Either the two new movies are being retconned or they're being retold here. This is obviously before the events of BoG and Beerus is mentioning his dream, but in a different location. Though Goku mentioning wanting to go train with King kai would explain why he's there at the beginning of BoG.

nbJ53WZ.png

I laughed.

Since I read mangas I have had trouble with NOT reading things from right to left, lol.

I finally bought and read Jaco the Galactic Patrolman.

I really enjoyed it! It was a lot of fun. And the Dragon Ball prequel stuff was even better. Just think about this: if Jaco hadn't peed on Tights, then he would have seen Goku's space pod, and Goku most likely wouldn't have lived.

...which means Raditz would have killed everyone when the time came.

Jaco peeing saved the Earth. And probably the universe.

Also, I actually liked Dragon Ball Minus. Yes, it's different to the Bardock special, but there's nothing blasphemous in this version. Gine is a bit of a disappointment, but it was only a single chapter. There wasn't much time to exactly develop her.

Oh, and in the Dragon Ball Super manga...am I the only one who got really excited when Goten mentions he goes to school? Just imagine Goten in a human school. The possibilities are endless.

Nah, obviously he got Bulma to cut his hair but out of habit and/or mistake Bulma cuts it in Trunk's style :dk:

(I may be joking, but I'll laugh if that's what actually happens)

Base don the way it just cuts off, I think it's a mistake.

Oh, finally updated the title to include Dragon Ball Super.

Back