Lady Gaga

Anser

King Bowser
I'm not much a pop music fan, but this woman is the one and only popstar I actually respect and like. She's not just another air-headed blonde with a microphone who records songs using autotune and records a video where she looks extremely hot, only to sell. I am aware that she's a product, but at least she's a product with talent. I am also aware that some of her outfits just desperately scream for attention, but she somehow creates a hidden message for them, which is interesting.

My favorite album of hers is definitely The Fame Monster, which was what made me a fan. Not a huge fan of The Fame to be honest. From that album, I only like Poker Face. Born This Way is a great album with only two bad songs (Bad Kids and Highway Unicorn in my opinion), and it includes my favorite song of hers, which is Bloody Mary.

Respected by great musicians like Elton John, Slash, Beyoncé, Alice Cooper, Paul McCartney, Billie Joe Armstrong, among others. This is a thread to talk about the new queen of pop. Discuss.

Haters to the left.

FMGBASKFH, your name is to the left of your post. Are you trying to tell us something or was that for the same reason you actually left "microfone" in your post?

Uniju said:
FMGBASKFH, your name is to the left of your post. Are you trying to tell us something or was that for the same reason you actually left "microfone" in your post?

LOL, sorry for that typo. I'll correct it right away. Thanks for noticing.

One of the funniest RL jokes I ever heard: Lady Gaga wrote the theme song for "Dora the Explorer", since they endlessly repeat one syllable ad nauseam until the end of the song. That pretty much sums up my opinion of her too.

Bop1996 said:
One of the funniest RL jokes I ever heard: Lady Gaga wrote the theme song for "Dora the Explorer", since they endlessly repeat one syllable ad nauseam until the end of the song. That pretty much sums up my opinion of her too.

I do agree she should stop repeating the syllables so much, but that's exactly what makes her songs so catchy, if you come to think of it. I also think she shouldn't use the word 'baby' so frequently in her choruses. But hey, that doesn't mean she's a bad songwriter. Also, people judge her from what they hear in the songs her label chooses as her singles, but never hear other songs that are very good and show her vocal ability, like this:

This is a song she wrote for her father, who was refusing to get a heart surgery, and he was going to die. After she wrote the song, he agreed and had the surgery and is fine now.

I'm not trying to make anyone become a fan or anything. It's just that people judge her without knowing what she is truly all about.

NintendoQueen said:
I love Lady Gaga. I don't care if people like her or not. She seems like a really cool person to meet.
Then you should probably read the post above your last one...

Anyway, in response to the repeated syllable thing, I hate catchy songs that stink, because then I have horrible songs in my head all day, so catchiness matters almost nothing to me.

Oh wait I almost forgot we've got a really good arrangement of Poker Face in band for football games and sich so she's alright in my book.

Lord Ghirahim said:
NintendoQueen said:
I love Lady Gaga. I don't care if people like her or not. She seems like a really cool person to meet.

Anyway, in response to the repeated syllable thing, I hate catchy songs that stink, because then I have horrible songs in my head all day, so catchiness matters almost nothing to me.

Nah I'm too lazy to read it. What does it say?

She's alright, in my opinion. Unlike quite a few modern "singers" she can actually sing (without autotune).

NintendoQueen said:
Lord Ghirahim said:
NintendoQueen said:

Nah I'm too lazy to read it. What does it say?
Basically, that people should get over her, but it does it in such a way that I see almost no good fanboy/fangirl response to it...

Do you know when you are biased, like, VERY biased towards something? Well, that article is. VERY biased towards hating Gaga. While some of the things the person said are true (like what I said in my first post about her being a product), there are some things that are just plain nonsensical and untrue, like this:

She's just a disposable pop singer with no observable talent.

Do you really call something like the video I posted earlier having no talent? I'd like to see that person pull off a performance like that.

I know people can have opinions different to mine; that's perfectly fine. What upsets me is when they take it too far and start being disrespectful. For example, I HATE, loathe, despise Justin Bieber with a passion, but you can't say he has no talent. The guy at least has the balls to stand in front of millions of people and sing, he can pull off some impressive moves and can decently play the guitar. You say he's not the only one on Earth who can do it? True, very very true. But at least you have to give him some credit for being able to do it, while you can't (or maybe you can, who knows).

I think Lady Gaga is less 'artistic' than her hardcore fans would like to admit, but more talented than her haters claim.

I admit that I cannot resist rocking out to 'Bloody Mary' or 'Bad Kids' from time to time but other than that I'm not a huge fan. 'Bad Romance' was great the first twenty times I head it but then I got sick of it.

It's honestly a little depressing on songs like 'Bad Romance,' 'Bloody Mary,' and certain parts of 'Poker Face' where she creates this almost industrial vibe but then goes back into generic pop- I wish she'd fully embrace the dark elements of her music and do something genuinely unexpected and new. An industrial metal album by Lady Gaga would probably be the most freakishly awesome thing to come out of the pop world, but it doesn't look like she'll be doing that any time soon.

I don't like Lady Gaga a lot but I got to admit she's talented, she can sing live really good ! I like one or two songs from her, like " You and i" : It reminds me " We will rock you", the beat is the same ! :) And I also like " Bad Romance" but I'can't hear it more than twice...

I dislike her publicity stunts and gross costumes, but respect her musical talents and marketing savvy.

Luigi said:
I don't like Lady Gaga a lot but I got to admit she's talented, she can sing live really good ! I like one or two songs from her, like " You and i" : It reminds me " We will rock you", the beat is the same ! :) And I also like " Bad Romance" but I'can't hear it more than twice...

Well, Yoü And I features Queen's Brian May on the guitar, so the We Will Rock You sampling was made on purpose. And I guess I can say the same about Bad Romance, but only as a song, because I could watch its video a million times. It's awesome.

Back