About this year's awards...

Anser

King Bowser
I know I'm late for this, but I searched around and couldn't find a proper place to discuss about the awards, and I wanted to know everyone's opinion.

I see that they were very vell organized, all the categories were well structured and most of the winners were fairly selected.

However, I have two "complaints"...

1) I guess I could understand how Bowser Jr. beat Rosalina in Best Supporting Character, even though I disagree with it. I just wanted to express my thoughts on this.

2) What I just cannot understand is...

HOW THE BLEEDING HELL DID MARIO PARTY 8 WIN BEST MARIO PARTY?! I mean what the fuck is wrong here?! I think ANY other game of the series should have won that award, but 8?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Come ON, that is the worst of them all! What about 2 and 3? Undeniably the best of the series!! I don't care if they didn't win, but 8?!?! What the!

Just wanted to vent and well, I hope I'll be around for next year's awards. When are they taking place, by the way?

Yeah well uh it's just that some people like MP8.

Since anonymous people can vote. And since a lot of young kids read the Wiki they'll tend to vote for the newest one since they're more familiar with it. It's sad but this is how it's typically going to go unless you limit it somehow.

When Mario Party 9 releases you can bet on that winning something whether or not it deserves it.

Yes, MP8 is the worst, but like S&M said, lots of 8-10 year olds browse the wiki and MP8 is the only one of there generation.

I didn't take into consideration that kids do browse the Wiki. This is why I think Nintendo should release Mario Party 3 on the Virtual Console as soon as possible, so today's kids educate themselves and know what a good Mario Party is.

I'll think of some new categories and I'll propose them to see if they're accepted.

Lily said:
Yes, MP8 is the worst, but like S&M said, lots of 8-10 year olds browse the wiki and MP8 is the only one of there generation.

Uh just call me SM. I don't want people getting the wrong idea that I'd accept having that as a nickname/shortened name....

I have am idea, maybe only the users vote.

FMGBASKFH said:
Skull Kid said:
I have am idea, maybe only the users vote.

I second this. Only users should vote.

As the director, I can say with authority...

No.

All of us at the Awards Committee agree that we'd rather have 1000 votes per poll than 100. A larger sample size means more accurate results.

Using Polldaddy software and allowing non-users to vote is one of the best changes we've made.

I know it isn't a great game, but it's the people's opinion, that includes kid's who have only been around for the wii generation, yes I know I didn't game much before that generation but I back-bought older games either on VC, or GCN games for the wii, but if people think that, like Ralph said, 1000 people with gaming newbies is better than 100 of vetrean hard core mario games.

Back