Mario Party Duel! (Arrowhead)

topper1

Mario Party Duel Host
Welcome to
105w7f8.png

The aim is to cause your opponent to lose all 5 of their lives using various partners to attack.

Here are the partners used in this game. Some you may recognise, some are new.
2hhoioj.png
Each partner will stand in front or behind you. Front characters are usually for attacking, Back characters are for defending. However, if you move in the reverse direction their roles will be reversed.

Here is the board for this game. ARROWHEAD!
ws2rdx.png

Spaces:
Grey Space = Basic space = Land on this to turn it into your character space
Friendly character space = Gain coins depending on turn number
Enemy character space = Give coins depending on turn number
Turns 1 - 5 = 3 coins
Turns 6 - 10 = 5 coins
Turns 11 - 15 = 8 coins
Turns 16 onwards = 10 coins
Green ? Space = Random event will trigger
+10 coins
+20 coins
-10 coins
-20 coins
Return to Start
Swap places
Swap partner positions
Swap partners
Clear trap spaces
Steal trap spaces
Swap trap spaces
Warp
Roll again
Power-Up/Down
Reset Bonus
Mini game for 10 coins
Game-Guy
Use Capsule Machine
Use Capsule Machine twice
Game Guy Space = Gamble all your coins in a chance minigame
Duel Space = Duel in a minigame. Winner will receive 10 coins
Reverse Space (Blue Arrow Space) = Roll again and move in reverse direction (will not stop at start area)
Power Up Space (Orange Arrow Space) = Partners stats will double, including cost

Capsules: The Capsule Machine contains 35 capsules. Every time you reach START or the Bonus Area, you will receive a capsule. Each capsule has a different use, but most are empty and are useless, so who knows what you'll receive. You can carry a maximum of 3 capsules.
Empty: No use and will be thrown away (14 in machine)
Mushroom: Roll 2 dice blocks. (3)
Cursed Mushroom: Dice block rolls 1-3. Can be used on yourself or your opponent. (3)
Reverse Mushroom: Move in reverse direction. Can be used on yourself or your opponent. (3)
Game Guy Medallion: Play a Game Guy Minigame. Can be used on yourself or your opponent. (2)
Warp Block: Warp to a random space on the board. (3)
Plunder Chest: Steal a random capsule from your opponent. (2)
Magnet: Steal 10 coins every time you pass your opponent. Lasts 3 turns. (2)
Swap Card: Exchange your partners for new, random partners. (3)

Bonus Area: Everytime a player passes this area, the number will count down by 1. When it reaches 0, the other player is bought to this area and a duel minigame will begin, worth 20, 30 or 40 coins. You will also receive a capsule from the capsule machine.

If you return to your start space, you will receive 10 coins and a new partner. The partner given is random. You will also receive a capsule from the capsule machine. Every third time you arrive, you can pick your partner. Before the partner is picked, choose whether to put the partner in front or behind you.

Other rules:
1) You must be ACTIVE.
2) The match ends when a player loses all 5 lives and therefore is the loser OR when 20 turns have passed, in which the winner is decided by number of lives left. If there is a tie, the number of coins decides the winner.
3) If you roll, and the move will involve NO decision making at all (no capsules or you won't reach a junction), I will make the move for you and move on, so to speed the game up.

I have randomly decided that PYRO will go first.
Pyro will be in the blue corner.
Yoshidude99 will be in the red corner.

Next you need to choose a partner to start with, and which side they are to start on.
If you look at the partners list above, you can choose any partner highlighted green to start with.

Pyro has chosen to play as Shy Guy.
Yoshidude needs to choose a player to play as.

Pyro:
2q056oy.png

Yoshidude99:
2q056oy.png

Pyro said:
I'm not sure how to do this.
In what way? DO you not understand the actual rules of the duel game, or how the game will work here on a forum?

Yoshidude99 said:
I'll play as Yoshi
OK.
Who do you want as your starting partner. If you look at the partners list (first spoiler of top post), you can choose any of the ones highlighted green. Also, do you want your partner to stand in front (mainly for attacking) or behind (mainly for defending). You only get one partner.

Pyro said:
I understand now. But, how do I move? It says nothing about me rolling.
When its your go, I will randomly select a number for you to move, between 1 and 10. Then you make your decisions, starting with what capsule you want to use (if any). If you do use an capsule, I will explain the effect (for example, using a mushroom, I will give you new dice block roll between 1 and 20). Then, you will move to the space you want, telling me in the post where you want to move. If you meet your opponent, you attack them with your front partner. If you reach START, (blue for Pyro, red for Yoshidude99), I'll give you a new partner and you tell me where you want it put it (in front or behind), and I'll also give you a capsule.

Hope that novel helped :D

When you're ready, choose ONE partner of the green ones in the partners list on first thread (first spoiler) and whether you want it in front or behind!

TURN 1/20

Pyro's turn. Partners are free on turn 1.
Rolls 6. Make you move...
10ydpoh.png

(Topper1's helpful hint... Just say which space you want to land on... the choice is the event space or the power-up space)

That's strange...the images aren't showing up...

I'll choose the power-up space, either way.

(Don't you find it funny my full username is PyroGuy6 and I rolled a 6 on my first turn?)

Pyro said:
...(Don't you find it funny my full username is PyroGuy6 and I rolled a 6 on my first turn?)
LOL!

Your partner is now powered-up. Mr Blizzard now has POW 2, DEF 6 and COST 4.
(Topper1's helpful hint: Your partners will stay powered-up until you reach START)

Yoshidude99's turn. Partners are free on turn 1.
Rolls 5. Make your move...

ka4wnq.png

Back