Emulators

Emulator?

  • Yarr

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nay

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
  • Poll closed .

Storm Yoshi

Cyclone Microsoft, it'll make your windows crash
Pronouns
He/him
Toadbert101 said:
It seems they're replacing the actuall NES. Ya'll have one, or not? I do any Im proud! :D
THERE REPLACING THE NES!
 

Pokemon DP

God I'm good at being an owl
Retired Wiki Staff
Pronouns
She/her
I has a NES Emulator and a SNES Emulator. =3 I have Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy II, Final Fantasy III, EarthBound and Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. I only get games that were never released in Australia, and never will be! D=
 

Plumber

Tenacious Trio
Retired Wiki Staff
Pronouns
He/him
Emulators are illegal, and for good reason. You're ripping Nintendo off by stealing their games. All that effort developers made, to have it stolen. :|
 

Plumber

Tenacious Trio
Retired Wiki Staff
Pronouns
He/him
Uniju said:
Plumber said:
Emulators are illegal, you're ripping Nintendo off by stealing their games. All that effort, to have it stolen. :|
I'm only getting images of Animal Forest for the Animal Crossing Wiki. D:
Whatever :|
 

Ghost Jam

A call to action? A call to arms!
Retired Wiki Staff
Pronouns
He/him
I like using VBA for the GBA games that are to expensive or otherwise not worth the money (IE: All of them) and old GameBoy games I don't have (yet).
 

Smiddle

Power Star
Pronouns
He/him
Plumber said:
Emulators are illegal, and for good reason. You're ripping Nintendo off by stealing their games. All that effort developers made, to have it stolen. :|
I've always felt the same, that's why I don'h have one.
 

ChaosNinji

Shine Sprite
Pronouns
He/him
Plumber said:
Emulators are illegal, and for good reason. You're ripping Nintendo off by stealing their games. All that effort developers made, to have it stolen. :|
QFT
 

3Dejong

THIS PERSONAL TEXT IS SILLY!
Pronouns
He/him
You're so moral it's sickening.

www.consoleclassix.com.

Totally legal.

Totally fun.

People buy used games, then rip them to a hard drive, make them into an emulator game, and let you play.
 

Rad Dudesman

King Bowser
Pronouns
He/him
ChaosNinji said:
Plumber said:
Emulators are illegal, and for good reason. You're ripping Nintendo off by stealing their games. All that effort developers made, to have it stolen. :|
QFT
QFT

And 3D, as I said in the Rock Band topic, you have lots of posts, but most of them are pointless. Please stop spamming, and post something useful for once.

~The King of Ghosts, King Boo
 

Guiliant

Shine Sprite
Pronouns
He/him
King Boo said:
ChaosNinji said:
Plumber said:
Emulators are illegal, and for good reason. You're ripping Nintendo off by stealing their games. All that effort developers made, to have it stolen. :|
QFT
QFT

And 3D, as I said in the Rock Band topic, you have lots of posts, but most of them are pointless. Please stop spamming, and post something useful for once.

~The King of Ghosts, King Boo
Why dont you ever tell me that! i spam all the time! D=
 

3Dejong

THIS PERSONAL TEXT IS SILLY!
Pronouns
He/him
King Boo said:
ChaosNinji said:
Plumber said:
Emulators are illegal, and for good reason. You're ripping Nintendo off by stealing their games. All that effort developers made, to have it stolen. :|
QFT
QFT

And 3D, as I said in the Rock Band topic, you have lots of posts, but most of them are pointless. Please stop spamming, and post something useful for once.

~The King of Ghosts, King Boo
Oh, PLEASE.

Take the log out of your eye before taking the splinter out of mine.

In other words, STUFFIT. This is the only place I can be where I can cut loose.
 

ChaosNinji

Shine Sprite
Pronouns
He/him
3Dejong said:
King Boo said:
ChaosNinji said:
Plumber said:
Emulators are illegal, and for good reason. You're ripping Nintendo off by stealing their games. All that effort developers made, to have it stolen. :|
QFT
QFT

And 3D, as I said in the Rock Band topic, you have lots of posts, but most of them are pointless. Please stop spamming, and post something useful for once.

~The King of Ghosts, King Boo
Oh, PLEASE.

Take the log out of your eye before taking the splinter out of mine.

In other words, STUFFIT. This is the only place I can be where I can cut loose.
Seriously. 3D always posts useful stuff. Not THAT many of his posts are spam-ish.
 

3Dejong

THIS PERSONAL TEXT IS SILLY!
Pronouns
He/him
Why, thank you.

Personally, I think the greatest poster was YY398. Too bad he's not on forum no more.

AND CHECK OUT CONSOLE CLASSIX!
 

ChaosNinji

Shine Sprite
Pronouns
He/him
3Dejong said:
Why, thank you.

Personally, I think the greatest poster was YY398. Too bad he's not on forum no more.

AND CHECK OUT CONSOLE CLASSIX!
He's been posting a bit. Not much, though.
 

3Dejong

THIS PERSONAL TEXT IS SILLY!
Pronouns
He/him
ChaosNinji said:
3Dejong said:
Why, thank you.

Personally, I think the greatest poster was YY398. Too bad he's not on forum no more.

AND CHECK OUT CONSOLE CLASSIX!
He's been posting a bit. Not much, though.
D'oh.

THat guy is the best.

Anyhoo, Console Classix has almost every classic video game you'd EVER need.
 

Smiddle

Power Star
Pronouns
He/him
3D does not always spam, but he does not always post useful stuff either.

And I don't use emulators. I'm outta this thread.
 

3Dejong

THIS PERSONAL TEXT IS SILLY!
Pronouns
He/him
Smiddle said:
3D does not always spam, but he does not always post useful stuff either.

And I don't use emulators. I'm outta this thread.
That, indeed, is me. Wo to those who do not understand my delicate balance of life, how fine the line is between my dark and light natures.

And I've said all I can say about emulators. I'm outta here.
 

chibizombie

"Headshot" <<< my favorite quote in any game...
Pronouns
He/him
i only use a emulator for fake pokemon games like chaos black so i can bring the fake pokemon to my emarld then bring to dimond
 

Ghost Jam

A call to action? A call to arms!
Retired Wiki Staff
Pronouns
He/him
Uniju said:
I'm only getting images of Animal Forest for the Animal Crossing Wiki. D:
Animal Crossing Wiki, you say?

Link, my good man! Link!
 

MarioBros777

Monty Mole
Geez... The emulator is only illegal if you don't have the game... Sheesh... :roll:. Get use to it. *sigh* I only use it for M&L:SS. That is all. Along with FFTA, Mario Golf Toadstool Tour, Advance Wars, Advance Wars 2 and others... :roll:
 

Ghost Jam

A call to action? A call to arms!
Retired Wiki Staff
Pronouns
He/him
MarioBros777 said:
Geez... The emulator is only illegal if you don't have the game...
True and False.

The true part is, you have the legal right to back up anything you own.
The false part is, most games you buy will have an agreement written in the instruction booklet (that you agree to when you buy the game) stating that you forfeit your write to back the material up (Nintendo is famous for these).

Further, the 'only if you have it' and 'delete after 24 hours' is a bunch of crap made up by ROM sites.
 

3Dejong

THIS PERSONAL TEXT IS SILLY!
Pronouns
He/him
Ghost Jam said:
MarioBros777 said:
Geez... The emulator is only illegal if you don't have the game...
True and False.

The true part is, you have the legal right to back up anything you own.
The false part is, most games you buy will have an agreement written in the instruction booklet (that you agree to when you buy the game) stating that you forfeit your write to back the material up (Nintendo is famous for these).

Further, the 'only if you have it' and 'delete after 24 hours' is a bunch of crap made up by ROM sites.
EEP.

Anyway, Console Classix actually got sued, but won the lawsuit.
 

Ghost Jam

A call to action? A call to arms!
Retired Wiki Staff
Pronouns
He/him
Uniju said:
...How? o_O

Proof plzkthx
From Wikipedia:

Legal Workaround

While emulation of videogame consoles isn't illegal, the mainstream method of downloading ROM images ripped from the original game cart involves duplicating the original game and distributing it illegally across the internet. Console Classix has avoided the method of duplication by making it so that when a user attempts to download a copy of the game, the server locks out the ability for other users to download the same file, eliminating the ability to duplicate the ROM image. When the connection between the user and server is broken the ROM is automatically destroyed from the client's cache and the server allows another person to play.

[edit] Legal threats

Console Classix received a cease and desist letter from Nintendo of America.[1] A single reply letter was sent to NOA's legal staff as well as several phone calls in which the company claimed to be "considering their options".[2] Beyond the incident in 2003 Console Classix has received no legal threats from the companies they offer through their services regardless of the lack of communication existing between any of them.
 
Top