What Do You Do When You are Feeling Down?

NintendoQueen said:
Goombella said:
Watch mlp. If you're jealous of the girl who is going out with the guy you have a crush on, watch "Party Of One". Coz, y'know, the guy might just be going out with her to make you jealous.

There is no way he is trying to make ME jealous. I think he could give a sh!t about me, quite frankly.
He hasn't bothered to talk to me in 5 months. So yeah....
Maybe he wants you to call/talk to him. Still, ponies help the pain. Or maybe, I dunno, go on youtube and watch people falling over and laugh at their pain, instead of crying about yours.

Goombella said:
NintendoQueen said:
Goombella said:
Watch mlp. If you're jealous of the girl who is going out with the guy you have a crush on, watch "Party Of One". Coz, y'know, the guy might just be going out with her to make you jealous.

There is no way he is trying to make ME jealous. I think he could give a sh!t about me, quite frankly.
He hasn't bothered to talk to me in 5 months. So yeah....
Maybe he wants you to call/talk to him. Still, ponies help the pain. Or maybe, I dunno, go on youtube and watch people falling over and laugh at their pain, instead of crying about yours.

I have tried talking to him. I sent him a PM on Facebook almost 2 weeks ago. No response from him even though he has been on facebook...So I tried...

NintendoQueen said:
@Mario4Ever--Have you ever read The Tell Tale Heart?
That's probably my favorite by Poe.

I've got a book from Barnes & Noble called The Essential Tales and Poems of Edgar Allan Poe that's got pretty much everything the guy ever wrote (including a novella called The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym), so yes. That one's one of my favorites as well (about equal to The Fall of the House of Usher). :)

Mario4Ever said:
NintendoQueen said:
@Mario4Ever--Have you ever read The Tell Tale Heart?
That's probably my favorite by Poe.

I've got a book from Barnes & Noble called The Essential Tales and Poems of Edgar Allan Poe that's got pretty much everything the guy ever wrote (including a novella called The Narrative of Arthur Gordon Pym), so yes. That one's one of my favorites as well (about equal to The Fall of the House of Usher). :)
That is neat! I also read The Fall of the House of Usher in English class 6 years ago :) That's a good one too.
There is another short horror story called The Monkey's Paw; it's not by Edgar Allan Poe, but someone else whose name escapes me. Have you ever read that one before?

It's by W.W. Jacobs (had to look it up, since I forgot what it was about), but yeah, I've read it. It doesn't resonate with me as much as Poe's works do, though. However, it brings to mind another story I read around the same time: Richard Connell's "The Most Dangerous Game." While it's not a horror story, I have fond memories of it, which would make it applicable to this thread as a "spirit lifter."

Mario4Ever said:
It's by W.W. Jacobs (had to look it up, since I forgot what it was about), but yeah, I've read it. It doesn't resonate with me as much as Poe's works do, though. However, it brings to mind another story I read around the same time: Richard Connell's "The Most Dangerous Game." While it's not a horror story, I have fond memories of it, which would make it applicable to this thread as a "spirit lifter."

O M G. I read The Most Dangerous Game as well in high school! I loved that story too, I am not kidding. Haha we seem to like a lot of the same stories...did you read Lord of Flies? Another great book!

When I'm down, I watch a Godzilla movie. It's fun to watch my childhood hero beat up aliens. sigh good times. good times.

NintendoQueen said:
Mario4Ever said:

O M G. I read The Most Dangerous Game as well in high school! I loved that story too, I am not kidding. Haha we seem to like a lot of the same stories...did you read Lord of Flies? Another great book!

Let's see how long we can keep this going...I have read Lord of the Flies (love the ending). I've also read Chinua Achebe's Things Fall Apart, The Scarlet Letter and The Sound and the Fury (both by William Faulkner), The Crucible by Arthur Miller, Dante Alighieri's Inferno (though I've also read his Purgatorio and Paradiso), Homer's Iliad and Odyssey...I think that about covers it as far as classics are concerned (excluding the works of Shakespeare).

Mario4Ever said:
Let's see how long we can keep this going...I have read Lord of the Flies (love the ending).
Bleah. Though I know people like it, so...
Mario4Ever said:
I've also read Chinua Achebe's Things Fall Apart,
Ugh. That was awful. There are only a few books I rank as low as Things Fall Apart.
Mario4Ever said:
The Scarlet Letter and The Sound and the Fury (both by William Faulkner),
Haven't read either of those but I've heard that Faulkner's writing style is horribly boring.
Mario4Ever said:
The Crucible by Arthur Miller, Dante Alighieri's Inferno (though I've also read his Purgatorio and Paradiso),
Never heard of those.
Mario4Ever said:
Homer's Iliad and Odyssey...I think that about covers it as far as classics are concerned (excluding the works of Shakespeare).
Man, the Odyssey was kind of boring, but from what I can tell the Iliad is awesome.

So there's a curse that the first person to land on Trojan soil will be the first to die, right? So what does Odysseus do? He throws his shield on the beach and lands on it, and the guy who jumps after him and lands on the soil is the first to die. That's just awesome.

Not to mention the greatest trick of all time: the TROJAN HORSE.

A lot of those books you've listed are like....typical books read in highschool English classes. I don't know many people who haven't read those.

Also, contributing to the topic. It sounds silly, but I focus on homework and stuff. It forces me to think about other things with the benefit of being productive.

Sharks Territory said:
I listen to this song.

I listen to this song.

« Reply #35 on: Today at 02:02:17 AM »

===Edit===
Infact, I just listened to it now. 8) always cheers me up. 8)

« Reply #35 on: Today at 02:08:00 AM »

Hypnotoad said:
A lot of those books you've listed are like....typical books read in highschool English classes. I don't know many people who haven't read those.
I haven't. Tribulations of a homeschooled life! Pity me!

Remilia Bloody Scarlet said:
Hypnotoad said:
I haven't. Tribulations of a homeschooled life! Pity me!

I always prefered Science Fiction, anyways. English class would have been much more fun if we'd read science fiction. Infact, it was, when we went and read that one guy, what was his name? Kurt Vonnegut, I think it was. He had some interesting works. Nothing I'd read in my spare time, but it was a nice change of pace for class.

@Mario4Ever--Of those books you have listed, I only read The Scarlet Letter. I've never read any of those other ones!
So our streak didn't really get to continue! DARN!!!

Bro said:
I either:
Eat
lay down for an hour till I feel better
Drink some chocolate milk

Third ones the best

Yeah, an old "friend" of mine kind of ruined chocolate milk for me, forever. Used to drink it all the time, too.

Brock said:
Bro said:
I either:
Eat

Third ones the best

Yeah, an old "friend" of mine kind of ruined chocolate milk for me, forever. Used to drink it all the time, too.

How?

Mario4Ever said:
Brock said:
Bro said:
I either:
Eat

Third ones the best

How?

Does it have something to do with "poo"?? Sorry if that was crude...but that is what I thought of...

NintendoQueen said:
Mario4Ever said:
Brock said:
Bro said:
I either:
Eat

Third ones the best

How?

Does it have something to do with "poo"?? Sorry if that was crude...but that is what I thought of...

Nah, he was just super obsessed with it, would mention it all the time, whenever you had a serious real world problem his solution would be chocolate milk, and he'd never take any topic seriously, he'd always be, "just drink some chocolate milk," and he was super possessive of chocolate milk, would bring his own carton around to other peoples houses, which no one would be allowed to drink out of, would have his own carton at his house, that no one else could drink, and was just an all around chocolate milk obsessed dick. It had nothing to do with him making chocolate milk disgusting. It was him ruining the whole idea of chocolate milk for me. Whenever I think of chocolate milk now, it brings back all those negative connotations associated with him. So it's just kind of ruined for me now. :/

Either watch Horatio Caine over and over...

What? His behavior is very...

*dons sunglasses*

...SELF-EXPLANATORY.

YEEEEEEEEEEAH!

...Or clean the toilet water and soak my head in the sink. Don't ask why.

Back