Dillon's Rolling Western

Why does Dillon remind me of perry the platypus?

Okay, I FINALLY figured out how to put out those damn Magmagrocks, but that didn't make day 3 of stage 8 any easier. Hell, I barely survived it! I let at least 2 Spring Grocks get tothe village and I lost all my hearts twice... Although the only penalty of losing your hearts in battle is that you let the Grocks get ahead of you, and you're reduced to merely 3 hearts now. I should try buying more tonics and snake oil instead of relying on finding hearts in rocks, cacti and grinding Grocks...

Anyway, I'm just relieved to finally be done with that so I can move on!

I did hear that if you get a game over, the money limit is lifted. So, in a way, that would make it easier for you to set up your defenses. However, you do need to have tons of cash with you when you advance to the harder stages.

Sorry to double post, but I've made it through stage 8, and 5-starred it. And I also survived stage 9 with around 50 Scrogs left after day 3. I'll likely be redoing stage 9 in an attempt to get a better score. But after that is the last stand.

Hot damn, you are GOOD at this game! :eek:

Me, I'm replaying stage 2 to try and get a five-star rating. It shouldn't be THAT hard, though it has been a while since I last played stage 2.

Smashgoom202 said:
Hot damn, you are GOOD at this game! :eek:

Me, I'm replaying stage 2 to try and get a five-star rating. It shouldn't be THAT hard, though it has been a while since I last played stage 2.

Well the key to getting 5-stars is to not only complete all the stage's quests, but to also set up your gun towers so that they can quickly take out the weaker Grocks, while weakening the stronger Grocks for you to take out quickly. You can also use items to deal with certain Grocks, but you also need to take into account your equipment as well.

Also, as you advance to later stages, you'll gain access to stronger tools for the gun towers. Stronger tools will help take out certain Grocks more easily; for instance, in stage 6, you can equip the level 1 Long Cannon, which packs more power than the basic Cannon. In fact, the key to 5-starring stage 7 is strategic use of the Long Cannon, since gun towers 2 and 4 are off-limits for that stage.

For a small tip on getting 5-stars for the first 6 stages, you don't want your Grind Attack to be over level 1, and your Roll Attack shouldn't exceed level 2; this helps when mining for parts needed for building defense doors. Your Claw Attack should at least be at level 4, just so that you can finish off stronger Grocks at a quicker speed. Lastly, when dealing with the boss Grocks, take advantage of Arma-Mode whenever you have the chance.

Once you reach stage 7, however, you want to set up all of your equipment at the highest levels possible. Grocks that were originally tough to beat earlier will be much easier to take down when your equipment is very strong. I also noticed that level 5 gear takes longer to break than lower leveled gear. Of course, with your gear levels maxed out, most weaker Grocks can be destroyed by just using a single Roll Attack, or the Grind Attack, which makes the level 3 Grind Attack wear out faster than the level 5 Claw Attack and level 5 Roll Attack.

Well, I have successfully 5-starred stage 9 today, with a time of 17:58; you have to finish it in under 20:00 to get the first four stars. The quest star can be quite tricky to get though, since one item can only be grabbed during the Grock invasion, Snaggrocks appear randomly, and you have to handle the Diggrocks real carefully if you want to get the 5 Fire Nozzles needed to pass.

I will tell you that you want to wait until day 3 to be using the dynamite sticks. You also want to use them on the northeastern and southwestern totem poles that are near the gun towers, and equip those gun towers with level 3 Gatling Guns; this will not only stall the Grocks for a while, but also weaken them greatly during the process.

The two gun towers that are closest to the village should be equipped with level 2 Long Cannons to cover the northwest and southeastern areas.

Say, remember in stage 6, where the mayor of that town mentions this outlaw named "Rin King" or something? I had a feeling he'd be something of a Checkov's Gunman or something, but I haven't heard anything more about him yet. Maybe in stage 10...?

If you do find you, put what you find in spoilers, please.

Stage 10 has been conquered, but I will have to redo it to get the 5 stars. Anyway, the following are spoilers, so do not read if you don't want to be spoiled...

When you complete stage 10, two extra places will be available. The first one requires you to save up to 100000 coins, while the second one requires you to 5-star all 10 stages.

I'll update this stuff when I have the opportunity to.

Edit: The following is a spoiler...

I'm trying to 5-star stage 10 now, but I'm having a hard time with finding an Aurolia. I did hear that it's very rare, but I've done several mine runs without any success. Is there something that I'm missing?

Edit 2: Success!! I've 5-starred stage 10 after several day 3 retries. Now, the following are more spoilers...

For day 3, you need to set up a row of level 3 cannons and level 3 long cannons to bring down the Ultimogrock (the "last boss"). Be sure to stock up on some Snake Oil, Bombs, and Wonder Bombs, as you'll need them to deal with the Crysgrocks and Diamongrocks, while working on destroying the Ultimogrock's core. If you destroy the Ultimogrock, you've successfully saved the village, and day 3 will be complete, regardless of how many Grocks are left to destroy.

Now, to get the first four stars, you need to do all of this within 25:10. The quest star is straightforward with one quest; you need to defend those gun towers at all costs. However, the one involving the Aurolia involves A LOT of luck.

Now, in terms of the extra stages, Sal's Hut (unlocked by getting 50 stars) takes you to a gallery, where you can see models of all the different Grocks that you've fought.

I just beat stage 9, it was pretty tough, like you said. But now we have the final stage...

BTW, I like the names of some of these characters. Don Iguana... And the designs of all the characters are very nice too. This is just such an awesome game!

Well, here are the details, regarding the stage that's unlocked when you save up 100000 coins. The details are spoilers, however, so don't read, unless you really want to.

The stage is called "The Old Mission", which is the place where Dillon and Russ grew up. They'll run into a gorilla, who goes by the name of "Rin Kong" (Mayor Howlihan does mention his name). Rin Kong will send out his Mecha-Barrel in an attempt to beat up Dillon.

You basically have to destroy the Mecha-Barrel, but only its back can be damaged, and the Tunnel Attack has no effect. You also need to watch out for its charge attacks, along with the flamethrowers that it has equipped. During the fight, barrels will come falling down, and some do give you hearts.

When destroyed, Rin Kong will retreat, and you'll have this stage cleared.

As an added bonus, a sneak peek of Dillon's Rolling Western 2.

Now, while I do have everything unlocked now, I'm missing one item, which is displayed as item 61 on the Item List. How do I get this last item?

@Smashgoom202:
The Aurolia is extremely rare, but I was able to get one in one of the mines. My only advice is that if you can't find the Aurolia in any of the four mines that are around, restart your day, and try again. With enough patience, and even luck, you might just get one.

However, I recommend that you wait until day 3 to do this, since you want to take care of the Arma-Charge quest on day 2; you can't waste time with that quest on day 3, since your main target is the Ultimogrock, who doesn't give you much opportunities to take out four Grocks with one Arma-Charge attack.

I find the best way to do that is to replay previous stages. It's not the most exciting thing to do, but it works.

Dark Lord Gaol said:
How I can earn more money faster?

Replaying stage 1 and stage 2 should do the trick. Because the Grock patterns never change, after enough experiments, you can avoid wasting money on gun towers that are of no use. Of course, for the first two stages, you want to start with at least 10000 coins if you expect to equip the proper gun tower weapons on day 1.

For a small tip, on stage 2, you only need two Shotguns and two Cannons to take care of things. Of course, you will have to deal with the Gungrocks and Bossgrocks by yourself, especially since the former is a big threat to your gun towers.

Also, you actually earn more money if the gun towers destroy the Grocks, compared to if you do all the work. However, some Grocks can be so resilient that you have to deal with them yourself; you can still have the gun towers weaken them though.

Okay, so in the 10th town, there are a lot of target everywhere, including blue ones, but I can't find the thing that supposed to launch me toward the targets. Does anyone know where it is?

Smashgoom202 said:
Okay, so in the 10th town, there are a lot of target everywhere, including blue ones, but I can't find the thing that supposed to launch me toward the targets. Does anyone know where it is?

If you're referring to the blue launcher, it's probably at the northern portion of the map. The other launcher is near the southeastern gun tower; the one that's closest to the lava pond.

MnSG said:
Smashgoom202 said:

If you're referring to the blue launcher, it's probably at the northern portion of the map. The other launcher is near the southeastern gun tower; the one that's closest to the lava pond.
Could you be more specific about how "near" it is?

Also, how do you do the Arma-charge again? I thought you just do the normal charge, just in Arma-mode, but when I thought I had 4 Grocks in my sight, I only just attacked one, what the Hell?

Smashgoom202 said:
Could you be more specific about how "near" it is?

Also, how do you do the Arma-charge again? I thought you just do the normal charge, just in Arma-mode, but when I thought I had 4 Grocks in my sight, I only just attacked one, what the Hell?

One of the launchers is southwest of the gun tower that's closest to the lava pond, at the southeast portion of the map. I can't be any more specific than that without a picture.

Regarding the Arma-Charge quest. While in Arma-Charge mode, fully charge your charge attack, and pay close attention to the number of arrows that you see above each Grock. This depicts which Grocks you'll be attacking.

Basically, you must defeat "4" or more Grocks with a single Arma-Charge attack twice. It does NOT count if you take out "4" Grocks while in Arma-Charge mode.

Back