Abandoned Ideas Thread

Nabber

Artisanal Cheese Taster
Okay. Have you ever wanted to write a story or make a comic, but got bored with the idea? Then you can put your idea in this thread! Hopefully, some wonderful people will find your idea and bring it to life! That way, we don't have to waste so many good ideas and potential authors/cartoonists (or whatever you call a person who makes comics) inspiration!
(By the way, I think this should get stickied for easy access...)

SuperMario25 said:
Ive actually had loads of ideas but im scared that they might be bad
Well, no harm putting them here. Unless, of course, you really don't want to.

I was going to make a Userpedia story called Wikiland, it was going to be so epic.

But only 4 people signed up.

I'm hoping that the same fate doesn't befall my new idea, Wiki Leagues.

Vlad Plasmius said:
I was going to make a Userpedia story called Wikiland, it was going to be so epic.

Maybe you should just write the first chapter and if it's good, more people will sign up.

Dr. Javelin said:
Vlad Plasmius said:

Maybe you should just write the first chapter and if it's good, more people will sign up.
That's the problem. In order to write the first chapter, I need to fill a role that hasn't been filled yet.

It's basically a catch-22. I need to make a prologue in order to attract sign-ups, but I need sign-ups in order to make the prologue.

Well, just make a really vague prophecy using your prophet character that mentions heroes but doesn't mention their names.

Dr. Javelin said:
Well, just make a really vague prophecy using your prophet character that mentions heroes but doesn't mention their names.
I guess I could do that.

Edit: I made a Userpedia page.

I was either going to make Wikmin or Wikimon: Mario League Victors, and I chose Wikimon. Anyone can take the Wikmin Idea.

OJ said:
I was either going to make Wikmin or Wikimon: Mario League Victors, and I chose Wikimon. Anyone can take the Wikmin Idea.
Actually NSM is making a Pikmin story right now.

The problem I have with this thread is having other people bring our ideas to life. Abandoned or not, once they're in someone else's hands, they're not ours anymore.

Well, Javelin didn't try to steal my Wikiland idea. He pushed me to do it myself. "Motivation" or something like that.

Mario4Ever said:
The problem I have with this thread is having other people bring our ideas to life. Abandoned or not, once they're in someone else's hands, they're not ours anymore.
Well if you're that paranoid then don't post them.

Vlad Plasmius said:
Well, Javelin didn't try to steal my Wikiland idea. He pushed me to do it myself. "Motivation" or something like that.
Um yeah I guess so.

Back