Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion XL

Smashgoom202

Dry Bowser
Retired Wiki Staff
Basically it's Cartoon Network: Punch Time Explosion for the 3DS, but with a lot of new features. This video displays some of them:

XD Oh My Gosh! Toilenator from KND is playable.

Oh yes Johnny Bravo :D

These are the 8 new playable characters[2]:
Johnny Bravo (Johnny Bravo)
Him (The Powerpuff Girls)
Aku (Samurai Jack)
Scotsman (Samurai Jack)
Hoss Delgado (The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy)
The Toiletnator (Codename: Kids Next Door)
Young Ben Tennyson (Ben 10)
Kevin Levin (Ben 10: Alien Force)

Seriously? -_-

And I am disappointed at the lack of no Courage and Ed, Edd, n Eddy still (Unless the 3DS roster plus this is still not the full one). Oh well.

Northern Verve said:
Oh yes Johnny Bravo :D

These are the 8 new playable characters[2]:
Johnny Bravo (Johnny Bravo)
Him (The Powerpuff Girls)
Aku (Samurai Jack)
Scotsman (Samurai Jack)
Hoss Delgado (The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy)
The Toiletnator (Codename: Kids Next Door)
Young Ben Tennyson (Ben 10)
Kevin Levin (Ben 10: Alien Force)

Seriously? -_-

And I am disappointed at the lack of no Courage and Ed, Edd, n Eddy still (Unless the 3DS roster plus this is still not the full one). Oh well.
Personally, I thought Ben 10 was better when Ben was a kid. :P

And it remains to be seen whether the Eds or Courage will be in there. I know Papaya Studios tried to negotiate with Cartoon Network to let them put the characters in the game...

I DO know they're hiding at least SOME characters from us, so who knows...

True Ben 10 was a bit better as a kid. But if Ben 10 is in there already as an adult I'd rather some other cartoon take a spot before a younger one is put in. Just kind of a similar complaint with Link and Young Link I guess.

Northern Verve said:
True Ben 10 was a bit better as a kid. But if Ben 10 is in there already as an adult I'd rather some other cartoon take a spot before a younger one is put in. Just kind of a similar complaint with Link and Young Link I guess.
I could see the two Bens visiting each other in the show itself, so it's not much of a bit deal here, where characters from all kinds of shows are meeting each other. Besides, younger Ben has different alien forms compared to older Ben, meaning an opportunity for different movesets.

Lario said:
PandaSoul said:
XD Oh My Gosh! Toilenator from KND is playable.

It's going to be like kicking arse with Glass Joe. Awesome.
Or Dan Hibiki

Giratina said:
...Captain planet?

THE *bleep*?
He was the final "secret" character of the first game. I think it's a rather clever tribute to Ted Turner, who came up with the original idea for Cartoon Network, after obtaining the rights to the Hanna-Barbera, MGM, and most of the Warner Bros. animation library of shorts.

Edit:

Valhallen as an assist character is in the game:

309358.jpg

I heard this rumor... I'm not sure if it's true or not, but whatever... Apparently, Papaya Studios, the guys actually MAKING this game, have tried to get Finn & Jake from Adventure Time as well as the Eds from Ed, Edd, n' Eddy in this game, but Crave Entertainment and Cartoon Network held back on the idea because, and I quote, "they hope to use them in a supposed sequel, if the game is successful enough".

...So, yeah, that about explains everything, doesn't it? So basically, if you want to play as Eds or Courage or whoever, you better buy this game and hope it becomes a hit.

Bump and double post, since I just started playing the Wii version of the game, and I've got to say, I LOVE the new additions they've made compared to the 3DS version.

The Scotsman and Johnny Bravo are probably my favorite new characters, and the arcade mode has some interesting stories to go with it, even if they are petty...

I also love the new stage Candied Island. Can't really say why...

Anyone else have this game?

Back