Why does there even need to be a Donkey Kong Wiki

Marwikedor

Marwikedor
Banned User
It's a waste of time! That's like there being a :yoshi: Wiki or a :bowser: Wiki or a :luigi: Wiki or a :wario: Wiki! Why bother when the Mario Wiki already covers every detail of Donkey Kong information and covers it brilliantly? The Mario Wiki is the best place in the world for information on every character that exists in the Mario Universe. Donkey Kong is a Mario character. Plus, the DK wiki mainly just rips all their articles off of the Mario Wiki. A lot of stuff I have written has shown up on the Donkey Kong Wiki and I'm not even registered there.

I think there are Yoshi and Wario wikis.

Yeah I've been wondering that myself. Maybe the wiki wants to separate game series' from the universes that they originated from.

I have a better question: why does it matter? There is one and nothing you say can change that. Besides, some people find it useful.

Norbert said:
I have a better question: why does it matter? There is one and nothing you say can change that. Besides, some people find it useful.
There is no possible use for it when everything on it can be had from the Mario wiki

Norbert said:

Remember that you're not the only person on the internet.

Norbert said:
Norbert said:

Remember that you're not the only person on the internet.
you know what? you've changed my mind I'm for it now!

I'm guessing there is a Donkey Kong Wiki because whoever made it wanted to run their own wiki. There are millions of websites about the exact same thing as already existing websites; you will hardly find one that doesn't have "clones". It must be taken into consideration, however, that all of these differ in certain aspects, and be it just their design; this leaves people with multiple choices when wanting to visit a website on a specific topic, and that's, in my opinion, perfectly fine. Quality is, in general, subjective, so proclaiming one particular website as the only true one that is allowed to cover its kind of information isn't exactly the way to go in today's society. This kind of thing doesn't only apply to the internet either, but also media in general.

...And of course, once I finish typing this, it becomes pretty much irrelevant, but I'm posting it anyway in case anyone else considers alternatives to other websites a waste of time.

There doesn't need to be, but we can't stop anyone. And please stop talking in smileys Marwikedor, we have these these things called letters that replaced hieroglyphics eons ago.

Oddly, I have seen two different Kirby wikis, but one of them is better than the other.

MnSG said:
Oddly, I have seen two different Kirby wikis, but one of them is better than the other.

There's one owned by Porple and one owned by Wikia, unless there's a third I haven't seen.

Wikia, since I've seen both (and have accounts for both), is the better.

MnSG said:
There's a similar case with the Zelda wikis, and I think there's another Mario wiki.

Mason said:
MnSG said:
There's a similar case with the Zelda wikis, and I think there's another Mario wiki.
Theres always more than one wiki usually on wikia

Back