The Music Hurt & Heal - Main Thread - ONLY ONE PART LEFT! THE FINAL...

Vote for your favorite!

• Muse (UK)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rush (CAN)

• Billy Joel (USA)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Paper Yoshi

Jonny Boy
Part I: North America I

Welcome everyone to the Music Hurt & Heal! This thread will document every important event from the game's multiple parts.

Rules

You can:
Heal x2
Heal x1 & Heal x1
Heal x1 & Hurt x1
Hurt x1 & Hurt x1
Hurt x2

This H&H will be divided in four parts and a final:
Part I - North America I
Part II - North America II
Part III - Latin America
Part IV - Europe & Australia
Final Part - Top 32

While you can keep playing until someone wins, these contestants advance to the final:

Parts I and II - Top 5
Parts II and IV - Top 10
The top two scorers (that is, the ones with the most points) at any point of any part, aside from the Top 5/10, advance to the final as well.

ATTENTION: The singers and groups were chosen randomly; some simply popped in my head, while Wikipedia helped with the majority. I tried to have a nice variety of styles in the lists, as to possibly avoid a barrage of complaints.

Re: Paper Yoshi's Hurt & Heal - Main Thread - UPCOMING

Ok... I hope you didn't read my mind about my idea of letting the fans vote for my next Hurt and Heal...

Re: The Music Hurt & Heal - Main Thread - UPCOMING

Revealed theme and posted rules. This Hurt & Heal will most likely start after October 14th.

Re: The Music Hurt & Heal - Main Thread - UPCOMING

*hoping that Paramore and Muse are on here*

Re: The Music Hurt & Heal - Main Thread - CHOOSE TWO CONTESTANTS

!!!Attention!!!

I'll give you a chance to choose two contestants for this Hurt & Heal! It's very simple: just cast your votes here, and I'll add the two most popular ones that aren't in my list.

You can also vote for your least favorite singer/group. Two will be removed from my list so that I can add the contestants you choose!

Start voting!

Paramore (USA): 1
Muse (UK): 1
"Weird Al" Yankovic (USA): 1
Rush (CAN): 1
The Beatles (UK): 1
Billy Joel (USA): 1

Even though I love Phish, I'm not gonna include them because they're not very well-known.

I nominate "Weird Al" Yankovic and Rush.

Just a quick update: since this Hurt & Heal is location-based, you may vote for your least favorite singer/group after the two popular contestants are chosen.

I'll illustrate it with possible scenarios:

1) Avril Lavigne and ABBA win. In that case, one contestant from the US/Canada and one from Europe would be eliminated.

2) Eminem and Bob Dylan win. Now I would eliminate two contestants from North America.

3) U2 and Rick Astley win. Two European contestants would be voted off.

4) And etc. Three examples should be enough.

I'll be sure to notify you when voting for favorites is about to be closed. Until then, please bring other users to vote!

Wait, does that mean Eminem and U2 aren't in the game already?

what is this

(or maybe i just misread it)

Chandelure said:
Wait, does that mean Eminem and U2 aren't in the game already?

what is this

(or maybe i just misread it)

Those were just examples. They may or may not be among the contestants. ;)

Ah, ok.

they better be on there

Voting is closed.

Paramore and The Beatles have been excluded from voting because they have already been selected for this Hurt & Heal. And since everyone got 1 vote, there's a tiebreaker poll now!

You have exactly 7 days to vote.

EDIT: Since this is getting no attention at all, I'll include those four contestants and randomly eliminate other four from the same regions. Expect the game to start soon.

Forget that. I hadn't seen the results. Keep voting!

Sorry for double posting, but I got news!

Voting closes in about 4 hours. Everyone but Rush has one vote each, and if this persists, all three contestants will be added to the Hurt & Heal. You will then be able to nominate singers/bands from the appropriate regions you want out of here.

I can safely say this won't start before Tuesday night. All Souls Day is on Wednesday, so I should be able to post Part I then.

Now Weird Al has two votes, so...now what?

Besides, everyone else is tied with one vote each. That means...

TIEBREAKER POLL!!!

again

EDIT: If a tiebreaker poll is really needed, you'll have until Tuesday to vote. It's been nearly a month since I started this thread, and I want the game to start soon.

Alright, voting is closed again! "Weird Al" Yankovic will compete in this Hurt & Heal!

As for the others, they'll be in another tiebreaker poll.

Quick edit: You may vote by posting here since I can't properly reset the poll.

Muse

Hopefully we won't have another tie now. If that does happen, however, I might as well just add whoever is tied for 1st place.

Muse: 1
Billy Joel: 1

EDIT: Muse and Billy Joel will take part on this Hurt & Heal!

Now, we need to eliminate two contestants from North America and one from Europe. Do you guys want to choose them or can I just randomly do that? I'm asking because I want this game to start very soon.

Chris Martin said:
Do you guys want to choose them or can I just randomly do that?

I think you should let us choose. Otherwise you might end up getting rid of some artists that me, Toad, or another player is supporting.

Re: The Music Hurt & Heal - Main Thread - UPDATE

Alright, you can choose who to eliminate. I have absolutely no problem with that; I just don't want to have this stalled for too long.

But now, since you must vote for someone already in the player lists, I'll post a warning for whoever chooses an/a artist/band who isn't in this Hurt & Heal.

And remember, it's one from Europe and two from North America! Start voting! (once again)

Re: The Music Hurt & Heal - Main Thread - ELIMINATE THREE CONTESTANTS

Smasher said:
Chris Martin said:

I think you should let us choose. Otherwise you might end up getting rid of some artists that me, Toad, or another player is supporting.
You'd better not eliminate the Beatles.

Also, where are the options?

ghostyTrickster said:
Smasher said:
Chris Martin said:

You'd better not eliminate the Beatles.

Also, where are the options?
I would have to be very stupid in order to eliminate them. I'm not going to, don't worry. :P

About the options, I was thinking you guys could just say "I want ______ to be eliminated", and then I'd reply with "Alright" or "______ is not in this Hurt & Heal. You may choose someone else."

I'm open to suggestions, though.

Personally I think it would be better if we were given a list of options but if you don't want to that's fine.

Back