Lost gameplay footages of Diddy Kong Pilot

Lindsay151

Cheep Cheep
Wiki Administrator
Never before seen gameplay of the successor to Diddy Kong Racing on the N64, which was never released on the GBA.

Thought it would be nice to show, how the game would have been.

Credits to transparentjinjo.

I guess the game got leaked?
It actually looks great in terms of physics.

Wow, I remember hearing about Diddy Kong Pilot; however, seeing near completed footage of it is amazing. The game looks to be quite well done and it may possibly even look complete (makes me wonder how the Diddy Kong racing series would have been to this day if this game was released)! I agree that the movement and physics of the characters and their vehicles look undeniably smooth as well. Good find Lindsay151!

This game evolved into Banjo-Pilot, right? I'm guessing that never saw the light of day either, but I'm fairly sure it was converted before Microsoft bought Rare out. If anyone can confirm that for me, then go right ahead.

GutsehMan said:
This game evolved into Banjo-Pilot, right? I'm guessing that never saw the light of day either, but I'm fairly sure it was converted before Microsoft bought Rare out. If anyone can confirm that for me, then go right ahead.

I think it was converted after that, since Nintendo sold its shares in Rare in '02, and Banjo Pilot came out in January of '05.

Yeah it is interesting how a cancelled game got remade into a game related to a different series. The same thing happened to Dinosaur Planet, in which it was originally going to be a N64 title, but was later remade into Star Fox Adventures for the Nintendo GameCube.

Also, Dinosaur Planet was originally not even a Star Fox game.

Back