Codename: Kids Next Door

Gumball Machine

Celestial Guide
If Courage and the Eds get their own thread then the KND should get one too.

So who watches C:KND?

Did anybody see the movie or the crossover with Bill, Mandy, and Grim?

I kinda miss that show. I thought the whole "protagonists being biologically related to their arch-enemies" thing made the show more unique, and I love those witty acronyms.

Fourth best show I've seen, coming close to MLP: FIM, EENE, ane The Powerpuff Girls.

I like this show mostly because of how it runs like a comic book, which makes sense seeing as the creator, Tom Warburton, was a HUGE fan of comics, especially X-Men.

What I mean is, there's a lot of overarching storylines, and hints at a bigger, broader continuity, which nerds just eat up! I also like the team of Sector V, where each team member have their own unique personalities and nods to other shows and character archtypes (i.e., Numbuh 1 being, and almost looking like, Captian Jean-Luke Picard).

The villains also deserve special mention. I love a show with a good, diverse Rogue's Gallery, and this one has a good one, with so many characters ranging from threatening to pathetic, though each of them are dangerous in their own unique way, they ALL have their funny moments.

One thing I didn't like, though, was the issue of growing up... Now I didn't see the series finale, but from what I've looked up...

Apparently, becoming a "teenager" is some sort of disease, and children and adults are like completely different species or something.

I'm all for building up your own universe with it's own set of rules, but for me, even THAT'S a bit hard to swallow, because it raises so many questions! Regardless, though, it's still an awesome show.

Smashgoom202 said:
One thing I didn't like, though, was the issue of growing up... Now I didn't see the series finale, but from what I've looked up...

Apparently, becoming a "teenager" is some sort of disease, and children and adults are like completely different species or something.

Actually, that's now quite how it works. It's true the KND treat it as a disease and state that it's "sweeping the universe at an alarming rate", but the KND are well-aware that not all teens/adults are evil since some KND operatives get to stay even when they turn 13 and Numbuh 2 states that the adults they fight are evil which means that they're well aware that there's good adults too.

Oh, and I guess my favorite part of the show is that it centers around every day problems that kids have (except the writers clearly exaggerate/go overboard).

It's true, there ARE neutral/good adults... Like that tie guy! He was awesome! It just seems like a very complicated issue, especially for someone like me. I was a teenager watching this, or at least close to being one, and looking back as an adult now, it makes me feel that things were so much simpler as a kid, before the harsh reality of the world comes crushing down on you for the rest of your life.

I don't get the idea of how some teenagers turn evil, even IF they've been decommissioned. I guess I just envy kids because I realize I used to be one. That's something that seems to slip the minds of most of the teenage/adult characters.

I guess the whole "teenagers turning evil" thing is to reflect how some teens rebel in real life, although plot-wise, they probaly just want to get revenge becuase even though their no longer KND operatives, they still maintain their memories (although that seems kind of dumb since they knew they were going to have to leave eventually) or maybe they've been annoyed by kids before and overreact by making every kid miserable.

With all these topics, why not just make a thread for Cartoon Network in general?

This show was fairly enjoyable. I love the large amount of villains.

Lario said:
With all these topics, why not just make a thread for Cartoon Network in general?

Good idea. Although, I don't feel like making it. Hardly anyone ever posts in my threads, save for my Let's Play thread and even that hasn't been getting much activity lately.

Michelangelo said:
I guess the whole "teenagers turning evil" thing is to reflect how some teens rebel in real life, although plot-wise, they probaly just want to get revenge becuase even though their no longer KND operatives, they still maintain their memories (although that seems kind of dumb since they knew they were going to have to leave eventually) or maybe they've been annoyed by kids before and overreact by making every kid miserable.
The weird thing about rebel teens is that they usually rebel against "the man"... Or adults in general. Here, they seem to be WORKING for the adults. Or mostly just AN adult, Father, possibly the big bad of the whole series with the closest connections to the Kids Next Door.

I'll go so far as to say that KND is the most psychologically stimulating show the network has ever produced, and it was one of the hallmarks of my childhood.

Smashgoom202 said:
Michelangelo said:
The weird thing about rebel teens is that they usually rebel against "the man"... Or adults in general. Here, they seem to be WORKING for the adults. Or mostly just AN adult, Father, possibly the big bad of the whole series with the closest connections to the Kids Next Door.

It could also be a case of "The enemy of my enemy is my friend." since the teens are not enemies of the kids, they figured they team up with the adults to have a better chance at fulfilling their goal. Plus, they're getting older, not younger making them relate to the adults more than the kids.

I remember this one episode where a kid betrayed Numbuh 86 because she was going to be turning 13 soon, so she figured she'd get a head-start.

If it was me, I'd be resisting every chance I could to join their side, or at least remain neutral.

Back