[Solved] So some dweeb on the Mario Wiki took the name Mason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoko Sakura

Celestial Guide
http://www.mariowiki.com/User:Mason

Or so I thought. The page is blank. Anyway, that's why my name is Mas0n there: http://www.mariowiki.com/User:Mas0n

Way back when I first registered, it said the name Mason was taken. The only other possibility I can think of is this: http://www.mariowiki.com/Mason

But that's a character, not a user. Who should I contact about this? I was thinking of PMing one of the Sysops but I don't want to pick and choose and end up picking the wrong person to ask. My main request is "if that name isn't taken and the account is inactive or something, can I have the name?"

Re: So some dweeb on the Mario Wiki took the name Mason

Actually, there is a user called Mason

[quote author=User creation log]
17:58, 15 March 2009 Mason (Talk | contribs | block) ‎ (New user (Talk | contribs | block))
[/quote]

The user has made no edits, he has not created his userpage, he's basically like one of the users on the forums who joins and does nothing. Unfortunately, he got there before you.

Since that person joined in 2009, has not made a single edit or done really anything else, and it's pretty much certain that they won't be using that account any time soon, it should be possible to rename this account to something more generic, so that you can use the name you are commonly known under.

You should bring this up with the wiki administration. They'll probably agree that it would make sense, although i can't really speak for them.

I figured it was a user. But I don't understand why it's a big deal if they joined over two years ago and have had zero activity.

Supremo said:
Kirby said:
Can't you delete his account?
There would be really no point to do that.
...Yes, there would be a point: I want the name. If it was a user who made a single edit or indication of anything, I wouldn't ask this. It's not like he made the account and a few edits, and then I came and said "YOU STOLE MY NAME I DEMAND YOU TO GIVE IT UP."

Like I asked before, who and where should I bring this up with?

gallowsCalibrator said:
Since that person joined in 2009, has not made a single edit or done really anything else, and it's pretty much certain that they won't be using that account any time soon, it should be possible to rename this account to something more generic, so that you can use the name you are commonly known under.

You should bring this up with the wiki administration. They'll probably agree that it would make sense, although i can't really speak for them.
Aren't you the wiki administration?

Kirby said:
gallowsCalibrator said:

Aren't you the wiki administration?
No he resigned

Wiki administration has green stars under their name.

Anyways, Mason, deleting that user's account would be out of the question. If he suddenly decided to come back and contribute, he should not have to make a second account.

However renaming the account might be a possibility. I'll get the admins to talk it over as soon as we're done with our extensive coffee break.

Marioguy1 said:
Glowsquid, Gamefreak75, and I don't. :P

Plus, Edo was a "honk." during his time as a Wiki Sysop, so that's probably why there was a misunderstanding.

Super Mario Bros. said:
Marioguy1 said:

Plus, Edo was a "honk." during his time as a Wiki Sysop, so that's probably why there was a misunderstanding.
Ah, but you do have a green star under your name ;)

I see what he did there.

Marioguy1 said:
Super Mario Bros. said:
Marioguy1 said:

Ah, but you do have a green star under your name ;)
Touché.

Marioguy1 said:
However renaming the account might be a possibility. I'll get the admins to talk it over as soon as we're done with our extensive coffee break.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back