What Book/Magazine/etc. Did You Last Read?

The Nicomanchean Ethics - Aristotle. Translated by W.D. Ross.

I'm reading a very large encyclopedia about the New York Mets cover-to-cover.

So far I'm around 1992.

Poetics - Aristotle.

It makes most modern forms of entertainment seem woefully poor in comparison with the likes of Ancient Greek drama and poetry in such a plain and simple way that it was well worth the time it took to read it (around two hours).

Finally finished Moby Dick. Valuable lesson learned from all that.

Lord of Chaos, book six of the Wheel of Time series...now about a third of the way through A Crown of Swords

The Lost World - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

Eldest

This book is awesome. Once I've read this and Brisingr I'm going to get Inheritance. Oromis reminds me of Yoda.

Yoshidude99 said:
Eldest

This book is awesome. Once I've read this and Brisingr I'm going to get Inheritance. Oromis reminds me of Yoda.
He plays the same general role in the series as Yoda, so that may be why.
I went to Barnes and Nobles the other day, I restricted myself to buy only $80 worth of books, so now I'm reading The Renegades of Pern, and that will follow All the Weyrs of Pern, The Dolphins of Pern, and I think the last one is called The Skies of Pern.

Euclid's Elements

Mostly using this as a method of studying modern perceptions about truth and reason, but the Geometrical proofs interest me as well.

Magus said:
Euclid's Elements

Mostly using this as a method of studying modern perceptions about truth and reason, but the Geometrical proofs interest me as well.

Nerd I need to read more classic literature.

Mario4Ever said:
Magus said:
Euclid's Elements

Nerd I need to read more classic literature.
I didn't even mention the part where I imagined how the book would look if Euclid was using Reinmannian geometry Yes, you really should. Classic literature is among the most profitable out there.

EDIT: Lily's The War with Hannibal. His Early History of Rome still stands in my mind as one of the heaviest books I've ever read, but it was quite enjoyable and profitable, so this should be the same.

I finished Mein Kampf. I wonder how many people, out of the number to whom it was forcibly given, actually enjoyed it. It was dull, poorly written, and consisted mostly of paranoid ranting, but it is, in its own way, interesting and is worth reading at least from a historical standpoint.

Back