Games friends have, that you thought would be horrible, but weren't that bad

So when your Siblings or friends buy a game that you thought would be suckish, but when you tried it, it wasn't that bad.

My sister bought Petz Sports and The Dog Island and they're actually really fun. The Dog Island is more fun then Petz Sports though.

One has a whole Metroid Prime collection, he used to think the series were horrible, but in the end, he started to be a huge fan of the Metroid series.
Eventually, he wants to make me sell him my Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt cartridge.

Super Mario Galaxy.

I thought that the gravity system was going to make me blow my brains out. But it turned out to be one of the (if not the) best games I've ever played.

I've little confidence in the quality of licensed video games, so when I heard that Batman: Arkham Asylum was really good, I was skeptical.

Turns out, it's one of the best games of the last few years. Yup.

Plants vs. Zombies.

It didn't seem like my kind of game at all, but once I got into it, it was actually a really fun game.

Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks

I love the MK franchise, but the last 2 times they tried to make a beat 'em up spinoff resulted in 2 awful games. Shaolin Monks on the other hand is all kinds of awesome, save for the voice acting.

I didn't think this would be horrible, but I never expected myself to like Luigi's Mansion.
Played it at a friend's house, instantly hooked.

I have an exact opposite situation.

I thought that I would absolutely adore Pikmin. I found out that a friend of mine had it, and I sat down to play it. I ended up feeling very dissappointed.

Pikmin 2 is worlds better. No arbitrary time limit and way more things to do.

I played Pikmin some time after getting the GameCube, but I had a hard time with that game, and as a result, after 1 day, I never played that game again. I never even played its sequel.

What disturbs me even more though is that my sister bought Eternal Darkness and played it for a while. However, because its contents are very extreme, my sister stopped playing it. I never touched the game at all, considering my distrust with M rated games.

I've heard good things about Eternal Darkness. But it costs about ten-thousand bob down here, so...

Angry Birds

I got the free version, but I really didn't like it, but them I gave it another chance, and I loved it.

I remember my brother got this dodgeball game for GBA when he was 5, I hated it at first but eventually I really enjoyed it.

Super Mario Galaxy
But I didn't really think it was bad, I just thought Mario Party 8 would be a better choice but luckily my dad and brother bought this game instead of my option. I fell in love with Super Mario Galaxy after that.

Call of Duty: Black Ops

My friend has it for wii and was begging me to try it. I thought i would've hated it since FPS isnt my thing, but it was actually pretty fun.

I had the same Pikmin problem. Got it, played one day and felt ripped off. It wasnt the time limit, it was just so... boring and slow.

Spongebob Squarepants: lights camera pants:
I was disappointed when i didnt get Melee but i had a go and it was pretty fun. Of course, my friends were hooked and it quickly became un-fun when all they wanted to play was it.

Crackin355 said:
Call of Duty: Black Ops

My friend has it for wii and was begging me to try it. I thought i would've hated it since FPS isnt my thing, but it was actually pretty fun.
Same for me.

Back