Do you live close to a country border?

Do you live that close to another country?

• Yes, and I visit that country very often.

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Yes, but I visit it once in a while.

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Yes, but I never get there.

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • No, but I still visit the nearest country.

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • No, and I never visit other countries.

Votes: 5 23.8%

• Total voters

YamiHoshi

Nintendo 3DS Developer
States don't count as countries.
I live like 15 KM (±9 Miles) away from Belgium.

Dang, states don't count. I live practically on a state border.

The nearest country to me would be Canada. I've only been there twice.

I live close to the ocean, if that technically counts as a border.

If not, I think the closest country to me is the Bahamas.

>>Yoshiwalker
No, water doesn't count as a border.

I live right on Lake Erie, so I can see Canada from my house. But due to some new law passed a few years ago, I can't go over there unless I have a passport, which I don't have yet.

I thought I was the only one, I don't have a passport neither (just an ID Card).

Well, I'm about 20 minutes from the Pacific Ocean, but that doesn't really count.

I'm over 900 miles from Canada and about 600 from Mexico.

This is so cheating for me.

Fuck the "no water borders" rule; New Zealand is the closest to me, but I've no idea how far away it is.

Probably 5 or 6 hours away from Canada. Never actually gone there though.

Where is the 'no, and i don't go there but i still travel to other countries' option

this poll

Anyway, Canada's the closest foreign country from here and Texas is second

Herr Shyguy said:
Probably 5 or 6 hours away from Canada. Never actually gone there though.
hours driven in a car I assume? Because it's a much shorter plane ride

I don't live close to much. The closest is Canada, but I'm not that far up north to count it. If states would count, I'm kinda close to Minnesota and Illinois though.

IMO, states are no countries, as they still belong to 1 country.
Otherwise, there would be countries in countries.

I'm stuck in the middle. Wales is probably the closest. It only takes me a few hours (about 4 or so?) in a car and a very short ferry journey to get to France, though.

4 hours?
That's like driving to the other side of The Netherlands, diagonally.

And that's exactly the other side of where I live.
I've been in Belgium like unlimited amount of times, because I live so close to it.
Most of the time, I'm either driving on their road when going to school, visit Nintendo of Belgium, go out to an restaurant, go to an Event, drive on their road (again) when going to France, Germany, England, or Poland, to name a few examples.

I live some 570 km (354 mi) away from Paraguay. I'm pretty sure that's the closest country.

I know, Brazil is huge.
That, and Turkey, were the only countries I've been, being outside of Europe, but Brazil was when I had a passport, and Turkey also allows people to use an ID Card.

YamiHoshi.nl said:
I've been in Belgium like unlimited amount of times, because I live so close to it.
Most of the time, I'm either driving on their road when going to school, visit Nintendo of Belgium, go out to an restaurant, go to an Event, drive on their road (again) when going to France, Germany, England, or Poland, to name a few examples.
Wow. You travel between countries a lot.
I'm curious...do you need a passport to get between the countries?

Back