Loads of BS

Nabber

Artisanal Cheese Taster
People are really laying out the hurt on the 3DS, and without good reason. It's a great handheld, so what if it doesn't have a blockbuster hit as soon as it comes out? But this link has a lot of things wrong with it: http://www.lvrj.com/living/nintendo-s-hand-held-3ds-lacks-good-games-130062388.html?ref=388

First, they ask,, "Why play Madden on the 3DS when you can play it on PS3 or Xbox?" I say: Why not? It's portable and in 3D. The other systems don't have that.

Next: "Newspapers should have advertised it more." Since when are newspapers big on advertising new systems? I don't think I've ever seen one... and since when do kids read the newspaper, anyway?

"But how many parents can afford to buy another hand-held system, plus $40 games, when their mortgages are under water?"
Gee, the economy doesn't stop them from buying more expensive systems that have games that cost more. It doesn't stop them from buying phones with expensive data plans, or expensive cars. In comparison, the 3DS is actually cheap.

"Adults could love the 3DS. But grown-up games, such as "Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D" and "Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars," have landed with a shrug." Last I checked, they weren't too bad games, at least RE.

This is stupid: "Star Fox 64 3D" is a kiddie remake of a 1997 Nintendo 64 game -- which itself was a reboot of a 1993 Super Nintendo game." If I recall correctly, SF64 was an original game. So what if they remade it? It's a good game. They're remaking God of War and Halo on the other consoles...

"You pilot the spaceship of a fox named Fox, firing weapons at dinky little rival spaceships. Seriously?"
But all of the other games that have the exact same premise are okay... because they're not on the 3DS.

""Star Fox 64 3D" suffers from the same wet blanket that smothered June's "Ocarina of Time 3D." It's too retro." Not really.

"Those are sequels. The 3DS needs a new series that plows into pop culture, as Xbox did with "Halo" and iPhone did with "Angry Birds." And it craves a steady stream of terrific games. So far, is there a trickle?"
Wait - didn't both Halo and Angry Birds spin off into huge franchises with multiple sequels and merchandise? Again, not on the 3DS, so it's okay.

"("Star Fox 64 3D" by Nintendo retails for $40 for 3DS -- Plays like retro retread. Looks good. Easy. Rated "E 10+" for fantasy violence. One and one-half star out of four stars.)"
So because the game is a bit easy and retro, it's suddenly bad?

I'm sorry. I had to rant about this. But let's face it, people hate the 3DS without good reason... :(

The 3DS was actually better than I expected when I got it. Ignore them, they don't how good it is because they don't have one.

WAIT, what is wrong with being retro?

PandaSoul said:
The 3DS was actually better than I expected when I got it. Ignore them, they don't how good it is because they don't have one.

WAIT, what is wrong with being retro?

There's nothing wrong. That's the thing; they act as if there is.

I agree on most points with Nabber, except for this line:

>It doesn't stop them from buying phones with expensive data plans...
Ever heard of SIM only?
That's a SIM card without phone, which saves up loads of money.

>...or expensive cars.
Most people buy a car as soon as possible, because they rent money from their bank.
It's way easier to rent € 12.000,-, rather than € 129,- ~ € 199,-.

Back