Super Mario Forum RP

ebilekittae

☆★☆
So hey! I was wondering if anyone knew of any good, active Mario Role Playing forums out there. I've found a few forums, but most of them are terribly inactive. I'm actually really surprised that I haven't been able to find one after searching all day today considering how massively popular Mario is.

Any directions would be very well-appreciated! ;D

ebilekittae said:
So hey! I was wondering if anyone knew of any good, active Mario Role Playing forums out there. I've found a few forums, but most of them are terribly inactive. I'm actually really surprised that I haven't been able to find one after searching all day today considering how massively popular Mario is.

Any directions would be very well-appreciated! ;D
Go here and create the forum.

So you really joined this Forums, to look for another Forum?
Yikes!

Haha, yeah, I know it's a little awkward to join to ask about another forum, but I figured if anyone would know where to find a site like that, it would be the people of the wiki. ^_^; It's not like I'm just going to ask that and leave, though. I'll try to contribute to activity. It would be pretty rude if I didn't.

I'm pretty terrible at keeping forums going, so I'd very much rather join a forum that's already up and running than create one myself. When it comes to leadership my qualities are questionable at best. ^_^;

So no one knows of anything like that, huh? I really would have thought that setting would be popular. @_@

It doesn't need to be a failure, as long as you have:
1. Good advertisement, either paid or spam.
2. A domain name that's easy for anyone to notice.
3. A good SEO (Search Engine Optimalisation).
4. Good control over the used Forum software.
5. Start with friends, and hope you'll get enough members afterwards.

I mean, it also took years for our Nintendo DS Hacking community to get as popular as it is now, because:
1. We don't advertise (now only throughout The CW-Network, and some other sites).
2. We didn't have a proper domain name (now we have).
3. We didn't use any SEO (we still don't).
4. Before I joined it, nobody knew how to use the used Forum Software (I, at the other hand, know IP.Board as my fingertip).
5. We didn't start with friends (we hoped somebody else would ever join first).

YamiHoshi.nl said:
It doesn't need to be a failure, as long as you have:
1. Good advertisement, either paid or spam.
2. A domain name that's easy for anyone to notice.
3. A good SEO (Search Engine Optimalisation).
4. Good control over the used Forum software.
5. Start with friends, and hope you'll get enough members afterwards.

I mean, it also took years for our Nintendo DS Hacking community to get as popular as it is now, because:
1. We don't advertise (now only throughout The CW-Network, and some other sites).
2. We didn't have a proper domain name (now we have).
3. We didn't use any SEO (we still don't).
4. Before I joined it, nobody knew how to use the used Forum Software (I, at the other hand, know IP.Board as my fingertip).
5. We didn't start with friends (we hoped somebody else would ever join first).

Thanks for your input and for your advice, but I'm really not cut out for that kind of thing, unfortunately. :-[ I didn't even know what "Search Engine Optimalisation" was until I looked it up... :P I know some basic HTML and I'm good with BB Code, but that won't really help me I imagine... :P I've been a moderator on a few sites, but later resigned because I wasn't up for the task. I tend to be a much better member than a leader. The few forums I have started have all fallen through and it's not really something I'd like to put effort into anymore just to see it crumble. :P

I really do appreciate your advice, though! The idea that "if there's something that you want but it's not out there then you should make it yourself" is generally a good idea. I'm just not skilled as an entrepreneur, I suppose. :P

You could start a roleplay thread here in the "Forum Games" section and see where it goes. I also think Boo Mansion has a roleplay board, but I'm not sure on that.

>>ebilekittae
With HTML alone, there's no way of making a Forum board, and BBCodes are totally irrelevant to programming or scripting.
And why do you want to create one, while there already are awesome solutions available on the internet?
You can either have one for free, and have unmanaged support through a community (phpBB, SMF, myBB), or you can have one you have to pay for, and have managed of unmanaged support through a community, phone, ticket system, or by themselves (IP.Board, vBulletin, Woltlab Burning Board).

'3K said:
You could start a roleplay thread here in the "Forum Games" section and see where it goes. I also think Boo Mansion has a roleplay board, but I'm not sure on that.

Thanks, I might wind up doing that. :)

YamiHoshi.nl said:
>>ebilekittae
With HTML alone, there's no way of making a Forum board, and BBCodes are totally irrelevant to programming or scripting.
And why do you want to create one, while there already are awesome solutions available on the internet?
You can either have one for free, and have unmanaged support through a community (phpBB, SMF, myBB), or you can have one you have to pay for, and have managed of unmanaged support through a community, phone, ticket system, or by themselves (IP.Board, vBulletin, Woltlab Burning Board).

Yeah, I've used those kind of forums before, but like I said all my past attempts have fallen through. :-[ Unfortunately, keeping a forum running just isn't something I'm good at, so I'd really prefer to find something already up and running.

Back