Let's make a game together!

YamiHoshi

Nintendo 3DS Developer
Okay everyone, since I'm getting crazy when doing it on my own, I've decided to ask your help.

More info, specifications, etc.:
http://www.dshack.org/forum/index.php?/topic/510-lets-make-a-game-together/

Who wants to help us out?

A requirement is, to use your real name in the Credits, but you're not really fund to give it.
Besides, we already have 2 Spriters in the team, so it's a kind of fun.

The game is, like described at the DSHack Forums, a Mario Kart replica, but with all custom tracks, characters, music, etc., but we're not allowed to make any Mario relevance to it, due to Copyright.

YamiHoshi.nl said:
The game is, like described at the DSHack Forums, a Mario Kart replica, but with all custom tracks, characters, music, etc., but we're not allowed to make any Mario relevance to it, due to Copyright.
Oh, that's even cooler than I thought.

YamiHoshi.nl said:
So, can we make it have users on the forums instead?

As long as you can make it not look like an already existing francise, it'll be fine.
For example, Smasher 101 has a blue Yoshi with some sunglasses.
Don't use that, because it's a Yoshi after all, and that already exists.

No, as it's actually Mario without hat and mustage.

Not only Nintendo characters, but any characters that look like an existing game character (Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, EA, Sega, Capcom, whatever) don't qualify.
This is to avoid lawsuit or Copyright claims, as it'll not qualify as a fan game.

As long as there's no copyright (known series, or stuff like that) on it, and it's a totally own creation, then it's allowed.

YamiHoshi.nl said:
Not only Nintendo characters, but any characters that look like an existing game character (Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, EA, Sega, Capcom, whatever) don't qualify.
This is to avoid lawsuit or Copyright claims, as it'll not qualify as a fan game.
So this is an indie game? I don't know java or how to do any things listed. I have a character that's not copyrighted (I'm obviously not talking about my Magikoopa) but that's really all I can provide. Voice acting, maybe, but you didn't ask for it.

I suggest saying "INDIE GAME - NO FAN CHARACTERS" somewhere in the OP or thread title. If the game gets anywhere I could ask my sister if she wants to compose any music.

Paper Bowser said:
Can we have General Grevious from Star Wars in it?
This is a horrible post.

Back