Can we change our username?

Mario Super Sluggers

The Baby Fan
I don't mean the name you see right now (Mario Super Sluggers). I mean my username (Wii Sports Resort).

Or do I have to make a new account? When I created my account, I was a fan of Wii Sports Resort. But now I like Mario Super Sluggers more.

Your username you started with will be the one you login in with.

Forever.

Mario Super Sluggers said:
Or do I have to make a new account?
No. That's sockpuppeting and it's a bannable offense.

When I created my account, I was a fan of Wii Sports Resort. But now I like Mario Super Sluggers more.
Well that sure is a shame isn't it? Maybe you should have put more thought into your name.

Herr Shyguy said:
Or do I have to make a new account?
No. That's sockpuppeting and it's a bannable offense.

When I created my account, I was a fan of Wii Sports Resort. But now I like Mario Super Sluggers more.
Well that sure is a shame isn't it? Maybe you should have put more thought into your name.
XD

Back when everyone was free to change their own usernames Steve made it so that they only changes their display names. So we could still keep track of who was who.

Herr Shyguy said:
Back when everyone was free to change their own usernames Steve made it so that they only changes their display names. So we could still keep track of who was who.
I suppose it could be changed as long as it's not different from that user's wiki username. If a user on the wiki changes their username, the username on the forum may be changed to match. If the user doesn't have a wiki account, the same 2 per year rule could be applied to the forum for consistency.

grimAuxiliatrix said:
Your username you started with will be the one you login in with.

Forever.

Darn it.

I just keep on thinking that my username is Mario Super Sluggers. That is why I wanted to change it.

It's okay though.

And I own the DK and Diddy Kong vs Bowser and Bowser Jr. account on the Wiki.

I never thought you where him when you first joined.

Marioguy1 said:
On the Userpedia Forums, you can change people's usernames (IIRC) but judging by SG's reaction, I don't think you can here.
Admins can on My forum, well I have seen the option.

All Admins on all Forums can do that, no matter what.

But Porple = Admin.
In my opinion, it's all mixed up around here, as "Forum Administrators" are more like "Global Moderators".

Per Yami, On Lily Forum there is only 1 Admin-me and only me but LSP are basicly the same as admin but aren't admin.

You're an Admin, as soon as you have full control over the Admin Control Panel.
However, there are no rules about the names of ranks, so you can even call regular users "Full System Administrators", while they're in fact still no Admins.

tentacleTherapist said:
Per Yami, On Lily Forum there is only 1 Admin-me and only me but LSP are basicly the same as admin but aren't admin.

stop talking

just

stop
YamiHoshi.nl said:
You're an Admin, as soon as you have full control over the Admin Control Panel.
However, there are no rules about the names of ranks, so you can even call regular users "Full System Administrators", while they're in fact still no Admins.

Forum Administrators used to have those abilities, with Global Moderators also existing with the powers Forum Administrators have now. Unfortunately, because of a certain incident, Steve felt that the full powers of the admin control panel should be restricted to himself, and the Forum Administrator title is more of a relic than anything.

Not that it matters much. Most of the staff has no use for the full ACP, and Steve is around whenever things need getting done.

Back