Common Mistakes

Which of these mistakes did you make? (be honest and you can pick as much as you can.)

• Link's name is Zelda

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Samus is male (Does not count if you have played Metroid before.)

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Bowser Jr. = Baby Bowser

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Baby Mario is Mario's child, same goes for Baby Luigi and Luigi.

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Lucario is a legendary Pokemon

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Rotom is a legendary Pokemon

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Birdo is female

Votes: 18 60.0%
  • Diddy Kong is Donkey's son (new)

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters
Herr Shyguy said:
Wait. Rotom isn't legendary?
Nope. I think it is possible to breed Rotom too.

When I was a littlun I thought Link was named Zelda, before I knew that Zelda is a real girl's name.

I was also under the impression that Birdo was female. Now I have no idea.

Percy said:
...?

Lucario being a legendary.
It was kinda easy to mistake him since he had his own movie for some reason with Mew. Also, I made some of these mistakes when I was younger.

Fawfulfury65 said:
Another common mistake: When you play a Zelda game for the first time, don't name your file after your real name, especially if you're a girl. In my old file in The Wind Waker, everyone calls Link "Maura." X_x It was the first Zelda I made a file in, so I didn't know that's how it would turn out.

Both my brother and my mother made that mistake. My brother named his save file "spidey". (He is a Spiderman fanatic) I don't know if I could put it up it is a bit too long.

I think Birdo really is female.

I put
1- yes I did, in return I am a loyal Zelda freak who Loves Link
2- Who hasn't
6- Its the way you find it :O
7-Uhh....

Until I got Brawl, I thought Zelda was Link's name.
Thought Samus was male till I saw Zero Suit Samus.

The only mistake I've made is "Lucario is a legendary Pokemon" and I only found out it was false just now, I guess.

And I believe Birdo is female, despite the instruction manual mishap shortly after they snagged her from (along with snagged most of) Doki Doki Panic.

Before Riolu was revealed, Lucario was thought to be a legendary. After Riolu's relevance, that theory was sent to the trash.

Paper Bowser said:
I thought Daisy was related to Peach.

That somewhat reminds of when people mistook Rosalina for Peach's new look. Not sure if that was really the case, but it is amusing how Rosalina and Peach have similar looks.

I used to think that Diddy Kong was Donkey Kong's son.

and me and Dixie Kong was DK's wife.

I never considered DK and Diddy to be father and son, since the two are not the exact same species. Uncle and nephew pretty much works out, since they're both primates.

Back