ATTN: People that want to make a new Hurt and Heal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nega-Man said:
Jack Noir said:
So because no one with actual authority is behind this, you all get mad?

This is just an idea that we came up with in the H/H winners thread. If people agree to abide by this list then if someone makes a hurt heal we'll boycott it and it won't be played. We are trying to cut down on the number of Hurt/Heals.

Thank you, you have a point.
Not really. What he said there is really an opinion.

I don't see any real need for restrictions the reason that their are so many of them is because they are popular and people like them

You just proved my point as to why we want to make this official. No one wants to play spammy Hurt/Heal games, and some people are civilized enough to wait and make sure that there aren't 10 games going on at once.

Jack Noir said:
You just proved my point as to why we want to make this official. No one wants to play spammy Hurt/Heal games, and some people are civilized enough to wait and make sure that there aren't 10 games going on at once.
Well those "civilized" people will just have to deal with it.

Jack Noir said:
But why do you care if their are 10 games at once let people play the games they want to play and if you don't like them than don't play them

Ok, look.

1. There are too many Hurt/Heals.
2. Many people want to make Hurt/Heals, but if they do then we get problem 1.

To solve these problems, we proposed a waiting list so that people could wait to create theirs. Just like the Mafia schedule, except I had hoped we wouldn't have to trouble the mods with this.

The problem with simply "not playing them" is that other people will. The purpose of this list is to make sure that the people who agree to it won't play the games that aren't sanctioned by it. If enough people get behind this then you're right, we won't play the games.

Jack Noir said:
Ok, look.

To solve these problems, we proposed a waiting list so that people could wait to create theirs. Just like the Mafia schedule, except I had hoped we wouldn't have to trouble the mods with this.

The problem with simply "not playing them" is that other people will. The purpose of this list is to make sure that the people who agree to it won't play the games that aren't sanctioned by it. If enough people get behind this then you're right, we won't play the games.
I agree with Problem 1, but just leave people alone for wanting to make Hurt/Heals. "Forum Games" does not have rules.

Jack Noir said:
Ok, look.

The only reason you want to create a list is because you think you are to many of them but if that's an opinion. Also if other people play them it means they like them and want to play them. It doesn't make sense to tell some one you have to wait to create yours because hurt and heal games don't end

Jack Noir said:
And if you don't want to play it then simply don't play it and don't try to force others to not play it.

grimAuxiliatrix said:
I agree with Problem 1, but just leave people alone for wanting to make Hurt/Heals. "Forum Games" does not have rules.
Well yes it does but loose rules; I know what you mean.

grimAuxiliatrix said:
Problem 1 is caused by Problem 2, because none of those people wait. And those of us who are considerate about keeping the spam down don't get to post ours.

Jack Noir said:
grimAuxiliatrix said:
Problem 1 is caused by Problem 2, because none of those people wait. And those of us who are considerate about keeping the spam down don't get to post ours.
Playing Hurt/Heals isn't spamming. Period.

Jack Noir said:
some people are civilized enough

not to act like agreeing with their opinions is the mark of being civilized.

Now I see why we have to have the mods decide everything, because us users squabble over everything. I tried to get something productive done that was user-led and it just explodes in a wave of controversy because no one can agree.

Guess we'll have to let the mods decide then.

You know, there's a simple way to handle this.

1) Creators of the games agree on creating an unofficial queue. People play only a couple games at a time. Of course, without admin approval, people would be able to ignore the queue if they felt like it.
2) People play as many as they want.

The admins would create a queue if they thought it was necessary. Since they haven't yet, I'm assuming they've discussed this and decided it was unnecessary.

centaursTesticle said:

1) Creators of the games agree on creating an unofficial queue. People play only a couple games at a time. Of course, without admin approval, people would be able to ignore the queue if they felt like it.

The admins would create a queue if they thought it was necessary. Since they haven't yet, I'm assuming they've discussed this and decided it was unnecessary.
That's what I was talking about. But MCS added the word "offical" to it and now everyone thinks it's a crime against humanity.

Jack Noir said:
centaursTesticle said:

That's what I was talking about. But MCS added the word "offical" to it and now everyone thinks it's a crime against humanity.
The people think it's a crime or at least why i think they do is because he tried to make it seem like it was an official policy that would be enforced when he knew that it wasn't

I think Shyguy already said that we should just stop playing these games, and so I proposed that we create an unofficial organization where members don't play games that haven't put in our unofficial list.

But MCS called it official, accidentally perhaps.

Jack Noir said:
I think Shyguy already said that we should just stop playing these games, and so I proposed that we create an unofficial organization where members don't play games that haven't put in our unofficial list.

But MCS called it official, accidentally perhaps.
Two things here was Nega mans post to start this off "In order to make a new Hurt and Heal, you must now sign up on the waiting list. To do so, access this thread and tell me your idea for a Hurt and Heal, and I will add you to the end of the waiting list. Thank you for your patience!"
and second like i said multiple times the reason their are so many is because people like them so let people play them it's not like they harm you in any way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back