What video game music pieces do you think top popular songs?

Time to lighten the mood (or darken it, depending on your perspective):

@ thread title: Not much of anything. Just going by my personal tatses, the only time a video game OST tops mainstream music is the F-ZERO X soundtrack.

Now if we were to go into the remix scene, this is where there's a lot more "topping".

The exact opposite of what '3K said. Most modern pop music today, IMO, is utter CRAP. I would prefer anything more than the likes of Ke$ha and Rhianna.

ghostyTrickster said:
The exact opposite of what '3K said. Most modern pop music today, IMO, is utter CRAP. I would prefer anything more than the likes of Ke$ha and Rhianna.

I'd take that a step further and say most modern ANYTHING today is crap. My musical preferences tend to have been popular a few decades ago.

Mario4Ever said:
ghostyTrickster said:

I'd take that a step further and say most modern ANYTHING today is crap. My musical preferences tend to have been popular a few decades ago.
This SOOO much. All of my Top 10 favourite artists debuted (sic) before 1980, and most are in their 50s or higher.

ghostyTrickster said:
I'm not too fond of modern stuff either. I was just going off of my personal musical tastes.

The SMB theme isn't anywhere in the same league as, say, Pink Floyd.

'3K said:
ghostyTrickster said:
I'm not too fond of modern stuff either. I was just going off of my personal musical tastes.

Pink Floyd FTW (favorite album? Mine's The Wall)

'3K said:
ghostyTrickster said:

Ah, I misunderstood your post.

I would say that much of gaming music could never match up to the greats of 50s, 60s and 70s rock and roll (but the Green Hill theme from Sonic and some Mega Man tracks come close), but it's much better than what's popular now.

EDIT: I change my mind, disregard the parenthases. Classic rock is way better than the Green Hill Zone theme.

I like modern music , theres no shame in that, Linkin park is quite modern along with coldplay

i also think that sonic 3 had awsome music

Back